No announcement yet.

Hooking up a modern television.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff guys! I have been home for two weeks working on many things so I haven't had time to think beyond the cabling part. I leave to celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow then I start a 6 day trip. Because my laptop will not play BF3 or Skyrim I will be researching all theses parts so standby for many questions.

I appreciate all the input.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I'll also put my Thumbs Up for the Logitech Harmony Remotes! Push of one button and it turns on all the components and sets them up properly and No questions from the wife!
      I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

I ordered a Logitech Harmony 650 remote last week. Got a deal for $60. Mistake. Best Buy was selling them on Saturday for $40 apiece. So I bought another one that will be a gift to my father in law.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
          This.
          I've got the Logitech Harmony extender for PS 3 on my amazon wish list; now that I think about it, I need to increase its priority in case someone is looking for Xmas gift ideas in my family.
          I also struggled with harmony remotes and controlling a PS3. I looked at the Logitech branded IR/USB bridge dealy. From what I've read don't buy it. This is what I'm buying.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Because of this review

After having used a Harmony 676 to control all my devices, I was not happy when I needed to use the PS3 controller to control Blu Ray movie watching.
          This remote's dongle does the job in letting my Harmony 676 control the PS3. There was one problem that almost led me to return the remote however, and I wanted to mention the solution here.
          Problem (for Harmony remotes):
          On the PS3 XMB (Cross Media Bar), the directional buttons would move the selection several spots for each key press. I read several posts and tried teaching & re-teaching the Harmony. I tried teaching using the "Raw" IR learning but that would slow down the response from the PS3 to each key press.
          Solution:
          Within the Harmony program, go to Devices->PS3 and select "troubleshoot" under device options.
          Select "Show me more problems" (last choice).
          Then select the choice "PS3 doesn't appear to receive every command correctly," and the select "The device responds too much to some commands (for example, volume up increases the volume too quickly)."
          In the screen with the radio buttons, select '0'.
          Save & update the remote and everything the directional buttons will work perfectly.
          It's way cheaper too 15 bucks instead of 60. I use an IR repeater so I just have to route an IR bead to the the IR sensor.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X