NaturalSelection's Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of the stock Corsair fans on the H80, so I replaced mine with a pair of Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15s that spin at 1850rpm and move some serious air, and are quieter to boot as well !

Sad fact: I ordered only 1 fan to replace the 2 in the H80, which I neglected to research to know that it came with a pair

Once I built my rig, I decided to try the stock one on the back end (the puller). The AP-15 acting as a pusher would toss so much air thru the radiator that after being on for an hour or so, the stock fan would start to make noise as it struggled to stay up with the pusher. Easy fix - buy the right # of fans !
    Right on man. I have two Scythe KazeMaster fans on my radiator. They do an amazing job. I also failed to mention I have a Zalman fan controller -- the reason you can't see the ugly LED's is because I put black electrical tape over them.. which is ghetto but I had no choice. Lol.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X