NaturalSelection's Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NaturalSelection's Gear

Here is my gear. Suggestions and/or comments?

Last edited by naturalselection; 18 Oct 2011, 04:33 AM.

That is close to my setup, But I have an i7920 with the 470's. I would OC your CPU and game on!
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Looks like you need a new desk and some new carpet. I would suggest....oh wait, you meant the computer, hehe
      Nauticas

Comment

You are using way too many cables on a modular PSU. It looks messy. All those extra molex and sata cables should be hidden behind the motherboard plate. You need em neat so you can run that air through.

Other than that, you got a gorgeous rig.

Comment

Need a bigger mousepad

Comment

As far as I can tell there's no beer....so....

Looks like a nice rig, though.

Comment

Cable management!!!

Nice rig though man, but with that 650D cable management should be a breeze and easy to fix.

Comment

Cable management. Pfffft. whats that. If I showed you guys my machine you'd cringe. I just got the biggest box I could find so I didnt have to worry about the cables.
                [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Where did you steal that desk from ...looks like something in the library?

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                    Where did you steal that desk from ...looks like something in the library?
                    Lol I got it from a printing store. There are literally no decent desks to buy anywhere around where I live. It's so ugly but its huge and extremely sturdy. Lol, it really does look like something from a library, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                      Need a bigger mousepad
                      I have one, I was just using this one because my other one is in the process of being cleaned. =P

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                        You are using way too many cables on a modular PSU. It looks messy. All those extra molex and sata cables should be hidden behind the motherboard plate. You need em neat so you can run that air through.

Other than that, you got a gorgeous rig.
                        Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                          That is close to my setup, But I have an i7920 with the 470's. I would OC your CPU and game on!
                          I have no experience _whatsoever_ with overclocking. How can I get started OC'ing my GPU's?

Comment

Originally posted by Nauticas View Post
                            Looks like you need a new desk and some new carpet. I would suggest....oh wait, you meant the computer, hehe
                            Haha, my desk is horrible. It's an extremely sturdy/large desk, but it's so ugly. Also, I've been trying to find a decent desk forever. I live in a small town so it's very difficult without travelling somewhere else and buying one and transporting it back. It would require a great deal of effort... so I have this. Lol.

You're right about my hideous carpet also. Don't even wanna comment on that, rofl.

Comment

I wasn't a big fan of the stock Corsair fans on the H80, so I replaced mine with a pair of Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15s that spin at 1850rpm and move some serious air, and are quieter to boot as well !

Sad fact: I ordered only 1 fan to replace the 2 in the H80, which I neglected to research to know that it came with a pair

Once I built my rig, I decided to try the stock one on the back end (the puller). The AP-15 acting as a pusher would toss so much air thru the radiator that after being on for an hour or so, the stock fan would start to make noise as it struggled to stay up with the pusher. Easy fix - buy the right # of fans !
                              Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X