Done with Newegg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian is Huh?!{CLR} View Post
    i have the sapphire! and i have it unlocked.. but i tend to get alot of Hard Freezing

cant figure what it is
    Did you OC is as well, or just unlock the shaders? If you OC as well, maybe it is just not a good clocker. However I find that hard to believe because most everyone I have heard of can get a solid 950mhz core on the Toxic cards. Which is a nice 150mhz OC from stock 6950s

Comment

Originally posted by Brian is Huh?!{CLR} View Post
      i have the sapphire! and i have it unlocked.. but i tend to get alot of Hard Freezing

cant figure what it is
      Maybe it doesn't actually have the shaders it's trying to access? Also, do you have those AMD Preview drivers?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Quamin View Post
        Maybe it doesn't actually have the shaders it's trying to access? Also, do you have those AMD Preview drivers?
        ah or that! Are you sure you successfully unlocked it Brian?

Comment

no its not OCd just shaders

Comment

Originally posted by Donziboy2 View Post
            Phantom its not an EVGA card lol. He bought ATI/AMD, EVGA dont do ATI/AMD.
            I'm aware of that. I just mentioned something that happened to me.

Comment

btw, for ATI/AMD cards use MSI afterburner. it has the same functionality as precision. in fact, they both use the same source code.

Comment

Didnt mess with the clocks or memory on the card before I sent it back but the CCC has all that available if need be. It was running at 900 as it was.
                [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

non-gaming laptop advice...

Turning to you good folks for some advice on laptops.

I'm not looking for a gaming specific laptop, I have my desktop for that. What I'm looking for is a laptop for travel / on the road. I shoot music concerts and my editor has asked me for a quicker turnaround time (ie right after the show) and the only way to do that is to bring a laptop and transfer right after the show.

So I'm in the market for something...but not sure where. Last laptop i bought was 5-6 years ago for my ex-wife, it was a Dell. Did the job fine, but i'm wondering if there is better and what is available in terms of possibilities with a laptop.

- I need decent hard drive space, nothing major, as its more for in the field editing, not storage
                  - I need high RAM, as running photoshop, lightroom and so on can be intense at times. 4 is a must, 8 would be nice.
                  - It needs to be somewhat small. I thinking max 15inches. I'm already lugging 2 bodies, 3-4 lenses to a show, dont want to add to the weight (and chance of it being stolen)
                  - Good screen resolution, colours and such is also important.

I currently have an EEE PC netbook thingy which was fine for travel, but i need something that works better in the field.

Any advice? Or should I just hit up Dell...

Thanks!
                  [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                  So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I have been looking at laptops gaming for a while. Many of the base models come equiped with some powerful hardware that would suit your needs. I assume cpu power and ram would be what would be looking for. I am on my phone now but when o get a chance I will make a proper response with some linkage.
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Wow, realised I replied to a thread instead of making my own...sorry 'bout that...
                      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Dell Outlet is a good place to go for laptops. They'll knock hundreds of bucks off the price, and the turnover rate is borderline absurd so there will be a lot to choose from. I bought our current vacation/wife home-use laptop from them some years ago and it's been a great low-cost investment.

-Rand
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X