Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New system I am thinking about ordering... opionions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm if your getting an ssd don't go any smaller that 60g that 30g is only just going to squeeze your OS on it .. you want plenty of breathing space
    sigpic

The sentence below is true.
    The sentence above is false.

Comment

The corsair water coolers are closed system zero matinence and are top rated ! Also make sure the psu is a well known brand that's reliable like corsair or antec don't want all your hard work going up in smoke
      sigpic

The sentence below is true.
      The sentence above is false.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
        What is this 'standard' PSU they speak of?

That alone instantly set warning signs off for me.

No idea what HDD you're getting too. Jeez i hate stores like this.
        Standard = whatever is on sale from their vendor.

The only problem buying a pre-config build is that you lose a lot of flexibility when you get down to ordering the thing. Just for kicks, I tried to piece together a rig to match my Newegg wish list build and it was only $75+ more than what my parts amounted to (and this was WITH the OS, KB/mouse, card reader. etc. that my build DOESN'T have).

But it all boils down to getting what THEY supply you with, not what you actually WANT to get. Since I already had RAM and a pair of HDs to re-use, there was a lot of parts that I could not leave off the build sheet.
        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

grabbed the 1000w cause i might throw another 580 in there down the road. I'm wait and see what I get for the PSU... i might swap it out depending how i feel about it when i get the system in

Comment

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cainslair.com/showthread....ight=ibuypower

I am crushed that I didn't see this thread sooner. These guys are straight crooks. They want to get your money and drop a steaming pile of crap on you and God help you if you need support. After charging me to send back the piece of $#!? they sold me they returned it literally falling apart.

I hope you have better luck than me Bar but I personally wish all their homes burn down and they get syphilis.

Comment

yeah week too late... we'll see what happens but i'll inspect the hell out of it when i get it to make sure nothing is questionable cause if there is something they will have themselves a built pc real fast...

Comment

I went with digital storm.
                So far I am very happy. Numbers are good but prices were higher. Though I know I paid more for support help.

I even had to call them on setting up my speakers because I was stupid dealing with windows 7

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                  I went with digital storm.
                  So far I am very happy. Numbers are good but prices were higher. Though I know I paid more for support help.

I even had to call them on setting up my speakers because I was stupid dealing with windows 7
                  Don't feel bad. Setting up your sound in Windows 7 can be a real pain in the ass sometimes...
                  [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I'm surprised none of you guys wouldn't have him send you the and you guys build it for him i am sure one of you guys are computer wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCO View Post
                      I'm surprised none of you guys wouldn't have him send you the parts and you guys build it for him i am sure one of you guys are computer wizard.
                      I'd make the offer any day of the week, but shipping on these things is not cheap. The offer stands, and I think any CLR knows I will build a rig for them. Look out, I am back to building rigs again !!
                      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

The rig I built for my friend cost $160.00 to ship with the insurance, that included three boxes, one for the monitor, the case and the box with spare parts and peripherals. He had planned to drive up but that didn't pan out, it would be cheaper if it were just the case and then have the rest shippped directly.
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Yeah, shipping would be the issue. Cheaper to use something like Ibuypower, Cyberpower, or the like to build a system. The price differential between buying parts at Newegg and having Cyberpower build it is less than the cost to ship a pc around, assuming you can get a free shipping or 5% discount at the builder site.

I can't afford an upgrade this year, but next year is my target, and I'm still undecided between Cyberpower and Newegg. Ibuypower is out for me. I would go Velocity Micro again, but their customization options are less than when I bought my current system and the prices higher.

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar View Post
                            grabbed the 1000w cause i might throw another 580 in there down the road. I'm wait and see what I get for the PSU... i might swap it out depending how i feel about it when i get the system in
                            One GTX580, maybe another GTX580 in the future
                            Unknown PSU

Dear god no! Please do not add that second GTX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Comment

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X