Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New system I am thinking about ordering... opionions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New system I am thinking about ordering... opionions ?

I have surfing through IBuyPower.com for weeks now cause I have been wanting a new system for BF3/Diablo3 and my laptop is starting to have a hard time with new games now.

Here the link to the tower I have been customizing.
    iBUYPOWER Computer :: Gamer Paladin E810

Now the options reset to the standard so I will post up my picks.

Case -
    NZXT Tempest EVO Gaming Case Black

Internal Expansion -
    [6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System

Processor -
    Intel? Core? i7-2600K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

Cooling - (I know nothing about water cooling and I don't like liquids and electronics mixed in all honesty)
    Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink

Memory -
    8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module (Corsair Vengeance)

Graphics Card -
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - 1.5GB - EVGA Superclocked

Motherboard - (keeping the stock...)
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3

Power Supply -
    800 Watt -- Standard

Hard Drive -
    1.5 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s (Single)

CD-ROM Drive -
    24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD?R/?RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Flash Media Reader -
    12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer

USB Expansion -
    NZXT Bunker 5.25" USB Locking Device (4 x Ports)

Sound Card - (again stock cause I use headphones So I don't care lol)
    3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card -
    Killer Xeno Pro Gaming Network Card

OS -
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) 64-Bit

Cost $1600 Even... Which is pretty much the price I want to stay at, don't really want to go above that but it will depend on the issue.

And that bout sums it up... I need to order one pretty sudden like but I am going to spend the next week looking it all over.

Opinions/advice ? I'm open to it all so don't be shy.

Looks good to me. I might prefer a different case, because I prefer Cooler Master, but I don't think you have any problems with your plan.

My only other advice would be to buy the parts and build it yourself, because you'd save some money.

Comment

Network Card -
      Killer Xeno Pro Gaming Network Card

How much? if its over 100 bucks for it you dont need it, save urself some money on that thing.

Comment

800w power supply is a little overkill with only one graphics card...and u might also want to consider getting 2 gtx560ti's instead of the gtx580 IF u dont plan on getting another gtx580 later on. 2 gtx560ti's will provide more performance at the same price.

on top of all that, it would be cheaper to build yourself as BadHabitz said.

for a cooler, u get a completely closed loop cooler, if u dont want to go with that, i strongly recommend u go with something other than stock. its the most garbage cooler u can get -.- i recommend sticking with the watercooling. the way the water cooling systems are built, its pretty much never going to leak.

just my opinion

Comment

check to see if the mother board is SLI

Comment

aw it doesnt have sli XD i just saw the motherboard upgrade prices too..its definetaly not worth it to get a computer from ibuypower...better than dell and hp intermes of pricing..but nothing beats ur own custom build...

Comment

upgrading the rig i got to SLI was just to costly for me.

Comment

Love your system. GET IT!

I gotta say. That place isn't that expensive. I mean I can have my dream system for under 3500 bucks! Well worth the hassle of dealing with DOA parts and installation.

The only thing that bugs me is shipping is FedEx (eww) and it's 75 bucks. You have no idea what I will buy if it had "FREE SHIPPING" next to it...

1 x Case ( CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower Gaming Case - Black )
                1 x Case Lighting ( Meteor Light w/ 8 Speed settings - Red )
                1 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction ( Advanced - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System )
                0 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion ( None )
                1 x Processor ( Intel? Core™ i7-2600K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache) )
                1 x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive ( PowerDrive Level 1 - Up to 10% Overclocking )
                1 x Processor Cooling ( Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) - ARC Dual Silent High Perfornamce Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow) )
                1 x Memory ( 16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair Vengeance )
                1 x Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - 1.5GB - EVGA Superclocked - SLI Mode (Dual Cards) )
                1 x Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA )
                1 x Free Stuff ( [Free Game Voucher] - Dungeon Siege 3 - Free with Purchase of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 or above )
                1 x Free Stuff ( [Free Game Download] - Just Cause 2 - Free with Purchase of NVIDIA Video Card )
                1 x Motherboard ( [3-Way SLI] ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z -- 2x Gb LAN, 4x PCI-E 2.0 x16, 8x USB 3.0, On-Board Bluetooth, ucid Virtu Techonology )
                0 x Intel Smart Response Technology ( None )
                1 x Power Supply ( 1200 Watt -- CoolerMaster RSC00-80GAD3-US )
                1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 600 GB WD Velociraptor HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 10000 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Dirve )
                1 x Data Hard Drive ( 120 GB Corsair Force Series 3 F120 SSD SATA-III 6Gb/s - Dual 120GB Drives (240GB Capacity) - RAID 0 High Performance )
                1 x Optical Drive ( [10X Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Reader, DVD?R/?RW Burner Combo Drive - Black )

Comment

I'd love to build it myself but rate now I just don't have the time . I just need something thats gonna get me throught the next few years.

The Graphics needed a 750 power supply so I just threw it up to 800 I don't wanna be on par cause I have had power supplies go out on me when i ran them exact... leave a little space and you're safe.

@ Caddy... its free upgrade atm

Comment

whats the warranty and does it come overclocked?

Comment

I would go with the basic watercooling. It is worth the extra $20. It is a closed system, so you won't have to worry about leakage.
                      [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Also, you might want to consider adding one of the small SSDs for Intel Smart Response Technology. It is supposed to give you a decent bump in HDD throughput.
                        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I would get a faster HDD and build if for SLI, in a year you will be able to drop in another video card and extend it's life.
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                            I would go with the basic watercooling. It is worth the extra $20. It is a closed system, so you won't have to worry about leakage.
                            I know jack about water cooling. Is this something you have to refill or does it just stay ?

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar View Post
                              I know jack about water cooling. Is this something you have to refill or does it just stay ?
                              Depends on how large it is. I want to say on average you need to flush it out twice a year and add some more antifungal. You don't want mushrooms growing on your CPU.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X