No announcement yet.

Components life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SpinQ. %81.00 of the people there gave it 4 or 5 Eggs so not everyone has had the results that I had. My temps are much better with the CM Hyper 212 but they still aren't as good as many others so I may have other things that are contributing to my cooling issues. I really need to take the time and drop my voltages but I have been a bit lazy in that regard. Now I'm running at 3.2 with the stock voltages and nice temps.

Newegg.com - Thermaltake SpinQ Performance Series cooler with ultra-lightweight aluminum and six heatpipes CL-P0466 CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Phantom do you know how much cheaper your build could be for only minor settling?

Consider not going nVidia, I don't know who posted that order form for the $400 graphics card, but that's insane. I've got the 4890 and I haven't had one game yet that doesn't run right, Crysis runs at about 60 FPS, and valve games are at about 200.

Also, when I need to update my rig, all I'm going to do is buy another 4890 and crossfire it with the one I've got. Nice and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by homosapien15 View Post
        Phantom do you know how much cheaper your build could be for only minor settling?

Consider not going nVidia, I don't know who posted that order form for the $400 graphics card, but that's insane. I've got the 4890 and I haven't had one game yet that doesn't run right, Crysis runs at about 60 FPS, and valve games are at about 200.

Also, when I need to update my rig, all I'm going to do is buy another 4890 and crossfire it with the one I've got. Nice and easy.
        I guess when my rig comes in I'll check how good this GTX260 runs my games. If not, then I'm getting a 5870. Maybe I'll get 2. I want teh bestest. I'm getting sick of benchmarks that make no sense. But according to core speeds I think it's legit that 2 of em make a great pair to destroy crysis!

I finally (After a month of prep work) ordered my rig. It should be here by April 5th according to UPS. Came out to about $2300. Which isn't as much as I thought it would cost. Made some minor changes to it. And somehow shipping was 10 bucks.

Thanks to all of you guys for kind words and advice

If my damn camera doesn't mess with me again I'll have pix up as soon as I build it. Hopefully it boots on first try, or I'll start sweating, screaming, throwing things, and then passing out in rage.

Comment

Don't forget to film the rage if it's not working! Love to see it

Comment

The 260 will be a step up for you and down the road more will be known as to what Fermi will do to the price of the higher end cards and then you can buy a higher end one. I'm sticking with my 275 for the same reason.

Fix the camera and post some pics.
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

According to UPS my total packages weight is 82 pounds. Things got way heavier didn't they? If I'm taking any pictures it would be a x-ray at my chiropractic

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X