No announcement yet.

This Happens More Than I Want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You were 10 pounds above what is considered malnourished. You shoulda been on the runway with Heidi Klum.

Comment

I was 14 when I broke 100 lbs. And I never broke 125 until I started training in the Martial Arts. Even then I never broke 135 lbs. When I was training hard I was eating 5 meals a day and snacking in between. Until I hit 50 I had a runaway metabolism. I used to could eat a large meal and two hours later I would be so hungry I hurt.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        ...BMI is off by at least 30-40 pounds.
        I tell my wife muscle is heavier than fat. My BMI doesn't factor that.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
          Ah, Pennsylvania. I worked in the Scranton area for a few years. I blamed the poor roads on mountain conditions, but I always wondered how big a share of our taxes were claimed by the mob.
          I live about 1h 35m from Scranton, their City Gov't was just raided by the FBI lolz....

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
          Would you like to play .. how much taxes do i pay in my area ?
          I bet I will win in NJ

Tell your police chief they make seatbelt extenders.
          I live a mile from NY and refuse to live there and when I take the wife down to see family in Philly, I try my best to stay out of NJ. Hate both states with a passion. But Philly isn't much better, Im always waiting to get pulled over. Im surprised they never have since we don't need those stupid emissions stickers upstate. But, I'm always prepared for an argument in the event that they pull me over and try to question me about my concealed carry permit.

And our police chief wears 3-4 hats* in our towns gov't, he needs to retire. He is just holding out for a magistrate to retire so he can make a bid for that position.

Comment

Been a while since i was in Scranton. Had to get a check signed once there. Didn't look well up kept.
            Never can figure out which states are better or worse.
            Though it sounds like you have more of a corrupt backwards thing with the mayor. In my area they would have called him out long ago.
            I guess the good thing is everyone is watching everyone in the town government. Then again not much gets actually changed in my area.

There was a lady who was on the town council, sleeping with the police chief, while he was under investigation(he wasn't found guilty). She on the other hand claimed that they didn't have any relationship when it was found out she didn't recuse herself from the council for those closed door sessions.
            When questioned, the police chief said the truth and she lost her position.

I think on a 300k house... the tax is 7k .. it is 2 bedroom 720 sq ft.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
              I think on a 300k house... the tax is 7k .. it is 2 bedroom 720 sq ft.
              2 bedrooms and only 720 sq. ft.?????? I don't think we have anything that small in a house around here. My house is a 3600 sq. ft. with 3 bedrooms and I pay approximately $2500.00 a year in taxes. I just made the final mortgage payment this month. I think New Jersey and Connecticut usually have the highest tax rates in the nation. My wife is originally from Connecticut and they have a view tax. One man was outraged when he bought is home and found out he was being charged $1,150.00 for the "view".
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                2 bedrooms and only 720 sq. ft.?????? I don't think we have anything that small in a house around here. My house is a 3600 sq. ft. with 3 bedrooms and I pay approximately $2500.00 a year in taxes. I just made the final mortgage payment this month. I think New Jersey and Connecticut usually have the highest tax rates in the nation. My wife is originally from Connecticut and they have a view tax. One man was outraged when he bought is home and found out he was being charged $1,150.00 for the "view".
                Apache
                Well the house is old. You could tear it down and pay around 500k + to build a new one i Guess. Most take the existing home and put a 2nd level on it. You can only expand so much because of mc mansion laws. at 3600 sq foot it is a large house for the area. Just not enough land... or well any land left to build on. Also there are no factories or any large businesses to take away the tax burden. The thing is you make ALOT more if you can save it here, then build a house somewhere else. To buy a house really you need to make 150k a year for the household... well thats IMO.

Here is one while larger the taxes last year were 16k at forecloser 294k
                https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...97_rect/15_zm/

Comment

Ours just doubled here in the past year, 21-2800 sq. ft. will run you about 3-4k now.

Our local mayors have virtually zero power, unless you are in a built up area like Scranton or Williamsport, most of the power sits in the counsel rather than the mayor. Our police chief has more power than our mayor. Basically it is ceremonial. The mayor presides over some special events, declares emergencies and he can dick with the police scheduling which would be highly unwise for him to do. When I went to college, I was intending on becoming a cop, I now do security in the gas industry and I work with a lot of former cops and state police, one of which used to be on our borough counsel. Some of the stories ive heard make my blood boil and it reinforces my belief in the need for the 2nd Amendment. I'm not anti-gov't person but the over-reach and unseen corruption eats at me.... Our governor and NY's governor are excellent examples of how bad things have gotten. And you wouldn't want to get me started about our county commissioners either.

Comment

MAN! Y'all houses are expensive. That house is built in 1913... THAT'S OVER A HUNNIT YEARS. How does a wood house even LAST that long? And it's over 300k? I think living in Texas really messes you up price-wise. My brother bought a 2014 house with 4 bedrooms, Jacuzzi in the master bath, walk in closet bigger than my room with open plan kitchen and 2 car garage 20 minutes outside of Austin for 360k. Is all of New England that expensive? I mean, it's already a pain in the ass to live in with all the snow.

Comment

well if you live about an hour outside of nyc your prices will drop by about 100k or more.
                      You got to understand some of these were towns over 200 years ago, there are going to be alot of old homes.
                      Personally I would love if i could find a sears craftsman house from about 70 years ago. That stuff was put together really well.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X