Battlefield 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 5

Is there any good news for us PC gamers and community gamers? Still the matchmaking garbage every single game has now? I haven't read much or even played BF5 yet but plan to get it in some capacity. Would definitely get for PC if they are throwing a bone to us for community gaming.

Also hi, haven't been around in awhile but really really been missing gaming with others. Mostly just singleplayer management games are my thing right now. While I know this isn't a tell your life forum, lots of big things happening in my own life these days. Getting married next September, just bought a house with my fiance, and currently planning a month long west coast road trip for my honeymoon. Any suggestions for that trip are more than welcome as well. Renting a car and just going with few checkpoints to catch on the way.Hope all is well!

Welcome back and congratulations. Part of your honeymoon should be driving Highway 1. Seeing the Seattle area and British Columbia are must see places.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Hi Christopolis!

I think BF5 intends to support squad joins and "friends". We'll see how well it works.

Many CLRs will be buying BF5. Since I'm cheap, I'll start playing no sooner than Nov. 20.

Comment

I'm not getting this game, as of now. Not because of their pandering to the whinny 1%. But the beta has played so terribly for me. The snipers are pretty much worthless, which is what I mainly play. While they did some adjustments to the attrition system, it's still there and it isn't going away. I'm not gonna spend 50% of my time in-game looking for health and ammo. Squad-mates rarely even remember to give you any health or ammo when they spawn on you. And whether you like it or not, as long as they don't scramble players and squad between games, you will always lose badly to one over powered squad.

Pros: No more elites, gas, bombers, horses, bayonet charges, or crap maps / Planes and vehicles are pretty much useless (Which is the biggest BF feature)
        Cons: Attrition / All classes are under-powered for sake of Assaults / Time to Kill is like half a second so you have to hide a lot / Matchmaking is still a thing / Server admins have same powers as BF1, which is pretty much none / They called us uneducated for telling them that a robotic-armed Asian woman did not fight on the front lines of the British army or deserves to be on the cover.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
          They called us uneducated ...
          Weren't those comments how that guy got fired from EA? Anyway, I'm buying the game because it might be fun, not because EA is advertising its historic authenticity, such as building sandbag walls within seconds. I don't mind.

I trust your judgement on the game's quality. My gaming is sloppy enough I probably won't notice.

With squads. it's always been true that being in a functional squad with VOIP is 10x more fun than random drops, even if an ace squad is out there ripping up the battlefield. I just hope EA has a squad join system that works.

Comment

Phantom head shots or go home god dang it you are my battle bud get the dang game come on now i enjoy playing with you oh and one more thing check out this god of a guitar player https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC5H...=RDAGPx-ekqZEo

Comment

I play Xbone the most these days with buddies. We do Battlefield nights. 10-12 of us in the same house just chillin. Lan party essentially. Tons of fun and will be getting for console for sure. Matchmaking kills me, random pugs are generally anti fun.

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              Welcome back and congratulations. Part of your honeymoon should be driving Highway 1. Seeing the Seattle area and British Columbia are must see places.
              Apache
              I will definitely have to add that to the list! Very much appreciated Apache. Incredibly excited to see that part of the US.

Comment

You can download now,

Comment

Christopolis - congrats on all the real life things going on.

lets see what BF5 brings.

Comment

I'm absolutely buying it.

Comment

Anyone read much about servers??

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                        Anyone read much about servers??
                        https://youtu.be/dh4MHyozPyU?t=808

Old video but they havent said anything since then.

Comment

https://n4g.com/news/2201905/battlef...eady-at-launch

Comment

Just snagged it. Havent seen any of you on yet.
                            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I have been working and sick and have not played yet. Hopefully soon.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X