No announcement yet.

Battlefield V Alpha and Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You did not miss much. The Alpha 2 ended today at 1:30 PM EDT. Two days was not very long.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Rats !!!

Comment

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield...prclt=1GP6mofg -- info on the open beta.

I got into both closed betas. I missed out on the first cause it went to my spam. Played the second and really enjoyed it. Far better than BF1. MP40 rocks.

Comment

In case you haven't already seen this new launch date – November 20

Planned Beta is still on, but they might have time for a second one.

============================

AN UPDATE ON BATTLEFIELD V
          By Oskar Gabrielson, General Manager of DICE, August 30, 2018
          https://www.ea.com/news/an-update-on...kar-gabrielson

Today, we’re announcing that Battlefield V will have a new launch date – November 20, 2018. I wanted to give you a little bit of insight into how we arrived at this new date.

Over the summer, we’ve had tens of thousands of players get their hands on the game during our Closed Alphas and at E3 and Gamescom – where we were honored to receive the awards for Best Multiplayer Game at both shows.

You have told us that you are seeing an increased focus on squad play come through, you are also feeling the difference in our revamped player movement and we are getting a lot of positive feedback for our improved weapons handling.

You’ve also spurred us to make some meaningful improvements to the core gameplay experience, including adjusting the gameplay tempo, improving soldier visibility and reducing player friction. You’ll see a lot of these reflected in our Open Beta that starts on September 6.

We believe we have one of the best Battlefield games ever on our hands. A game that will deliver on an emotional journey through the return of unseen single player War Stories, a deep multiplayer experience, Battle Royale, along with our new live service, Tides of War - a journey across multiple theaters of WW2 and designed to keep our community together.

With the Open Beta just around the corner, we are excited about the millions of you who will join us and experience the game. And we fully expect to see even more feedback coming our way.

And that’s why we’re moving our launch date. We’re going to take the time to continue to make some final adjustments to core gameplay, and to ensure we really deliver on the potential of Tides of War.

We know moving the launch date means that we all have to wait a little longer. But we’re going to take our time to make sure we get it right.

Thank you for your continued passion and support. We can’t wait to see you on the battlefield in just a few days.

Comment

In case some of you guys are out of the loop. This delay comes days after an interview with EA CEO that essentially said, about people not liking female characters in game, that they shouldn't buy it. And then he called those people uneducated. Alongside predictions of record-low preorder numbers, even lower if you include my personal cancellation after those comments. This move isn't to polish Battlefield, let's face it, every launch has been a disaster since BF3. This delay is their way of distancing themselves from comments that told people "Don't like it, don't buy it." They're also saying they are basically scared of the launch of Red Dead Redemption and COD very close to it, I think it's total crap. Their marketing for this Battlefield game has been disastrous. There was no hype for it. Not enough information or gameplay. And on top of that, the official release had a chimney sweep sounding British woman fighting on the front lines with a prosthetic arm. The problem with SJWs is that they don't play these games. They are too busy coloring their hair pink and eating avocado on toast. The Swedish developer just wanted to please them, forgetting about the slightest notion of historical accuracy. If you're gonna rewrite history, might as well include an M16 and an Apache helicopter in the game and say they were there too.

In all honesty, I couldn't care less about females in the game. I mean there was a whole story about a female fighting alongside T.E.Lawrenece in BF1 and it was great. I think I'm not going to be all that quick in buying BFV. I might grab it when the price goes lower on Black Firday. Or, the upcoming BETA is going to be so good I might just ignore my instincts and get it when it comes out.

Comment

Thx KP. What is a "SJW"??

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                Thx KP. What is a "SJW"??
                You work too much lol

Social Justice Warrior. Basically, the millennials that fight for people that don't ask to be fought for. People that will tweet and facebook about a person who doesn't share their views of "equality." The same people that complain about TV shows or movies that don't include a black, hispanic, gay, transexual character.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_justice_warrior

Comment

Sooooooo... He wasn't the CEO (I misheard), he was the Chief Designing Officer... and he has stepped down.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...pping_down.php

Comment

Check your emails from NVIDIA. I recieived a BF V Beta invite for being a part of the G Force Experience Community.
                    CONGRATULATIONS, YOU’VE GOT EARLY ACCESS!

Thank you for being a part of the GeForce Experience Community! As our way of saying thanks, please find below a unique Origin code for Early Access to the Battlefield™ V Open Beta on PC.

The Early Access period for the Battlefield V Open Beta will be live starting, September 4, 2018 at 8:00 UTC/1:00 AM PST, and you can find your code below which can be redeemed on Origin. You can preload the Battlefield V Open Beta starting, September 3, 2018 at 8:00 UTC/1:00 AM PST.

Your one-time use code:
                    Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                      ...Your one-time use code:

Apache
                      Oops, somehow your user access code didn't display in my browser. Please repost.

Comment

Already used.
                        Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Oh for God's sake...

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                            Oops, somehow your user access code didn't display in my browser. Please repost.
                            lol apache is the cool kid.. gets every invite.

PRE-LOAD OF OPEN BETA STARTS
                            September 3, 1 am PT (10 am CET)

OPEN BETA EARLY ACCESS STARTS
                            September 4, 1 am PT (10 am CET)

OPEN BETA AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE
                            September 6, 1 am PT (10 am CET)

OPEN BETA ENDS
                            September 11, 7 am PT (4 pm CET)

Comment

Trivia:
                              For Beta pre-load download from Origin, go to Battlefield™ V and select "try it first".
                              Add it, and then download it.
                              (pre-load is open to all)

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                                Trivia:
                                For Beta pre-load download from Origin, go to Battlefield™ V and select "try it first".
                                Add it, and then download it.
                                (pre-load is open to all)
                                Thx, that worked. Let's all try this game out and report back here:

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/sto.../battlefield-v

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X