X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuck View Post
    Is this real life?

I got this email, and it reminded me of a time in which I had a bunch of friends and we'd play video games together. I was single then, had some spare time, and even some disposable income.

Since I last played in The Lair, I got married, had kids, and now THEY play video games. Skylanders and Toy Story and Minecraft and PVZGW2 and a bunch others. Right now they're playing Lego Jurassic Park. I sometimes play with them.

Don't play too much anymore myself. I'm a busy executive type dude and work about 50-60 hours a week. Travel a good bit. A lot of gray in my beard. But I do find some time for some Madden 18 every once in a while on the Xbone. Crank up Civ V from time to time when I have a couple hours to kill. Haven't touched COD or BF in ages.

Thanks for the email!
    Thanks for stopping by!! I live near Columbia, you're in SC right??

Comment

I bought a new gaming laptop and immediately started playing Pools of Radiance. So... that was money well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        I recently was going to built a computer again after my old one died 2 years ago. Took a nice break where I didn't even have a laptop, I just used my phone. Thanks to all the jerks cryptomining, the price of everything is through the roof. So I decided on a pre-built rig from cyberpower (With some hesitance). Honestly, turned out great, and I finally have an octa-core. Just feels nice to say. Anyways...

Been lurking here for a month, looks like PC gaming is having one of its slumbers. I personally want to wait for the new BF, maybe it will bring everyone back again.

Awesome seeing everyone again. Missed you fellas.
        KP good to hear from you. I hope the new BF or maybe one of the upcoming CoDs will allow third part servers like we used to have. Take care, thanks for the post!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
          Thanks for stopping by!! I live near Columbia, you're in SC right??
          Yes. Now in Newberry.

Comment

*Crawls out from under rock cornerstone of the bridge*

What ???! Who ?!! Yea !! I'm still alive. Gaming mostly offline (Company of Heroes 1 and 2) but happened upon Quake Champions last month. Who wants to get their frag on ??

I still remember the last time Cain ran a Quake server - I think at the time we were playing with a Half-life mod that offered classic Quake DM levels - and Cain would show up and WIPE THE FLOOR with our sorry butts every single time. I am looking for a small pittance of revenge for those beatings, and would suggest that our old vets and younger gamers challenge the old man to a few games of Quake Champions.
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Yes he did and I see you have multiple death wishes.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                Yes he did and I see you have multiple death wishes.
                Apache
                In order to be the man, you gots to BEAT the man ..... WHOOOOOOOO !!!! /Ric Flair strut
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
                  *Crawls out from under rock cornerstone of the bridge*

What ???! Who ?!! Yea !! I'm still alive. Gaming mostly offline (Company of Heroes 1 and 2) but happened upon Quake Champions last month. Who wants to get their frag on ??

I still remember the last time Cain ran a Quake server - I think at the time we were playing with a Half-life mod that offered classic Quake DM levels - and Cain would show up and WIPE THE FLOOR with our sorry butts every single time. I am looking for a small pittance of revenge for those beatings, and would suggest that our old vets and younger gamers challenge the old man to a few games of Quake Champions.
                  I'm surprised you remember that! I'd still bitch-slap you kids @ Quake!!! lol

I need to look into Quake Champions, I know nothing about it.

1) Great to see you, glad to hear you're doing fine.
                  2) I'm still looking/hoping to find something we can play together again, we had TONS of fun for many years.

Take care!

Comment

I need to look into Quake Champions, I know nothing about it.

1) Great to see you, glad to hear you're doing fine.
                    2) I'm still looking/hoping to find something we can play together again, we had TONS of fun for many years.

Take care!
                    I will never forget what you did.
                    Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Ohhh reallly ??? Strong words, my friend. I only have 1.1 hrs played in QC, and if you are still feeling uppity, you let me know

So many gaming moments etched in my memory retention cells. Don't be surprised that I cherish them for what they were. Times were simpler then, disposable income was still a 'thing', my gaming PC got refreshed every 2 years, my video card EVERY year ... heady times indeed ! Then marriage and kids - no more play $$, no more 'game time' .. we all had to go through those lean years. My gaming PC is about 7+ years old now, a Z68/2500k vintage rig with a 290X that tides me over.

I just hit 50 last month, and as another mid-life crisis I bought a higher end electric bike, a Haibike SDuro FullNine 6.0, and am putting on some good miles on that thing. I have plenty of trails around me to ride, and I've always loved being in the woods for any activity. Trooper lives (lived ??) very near to me a few years back .. I need to see if he's still around to go for a ride one of these days.

Cain, I think you will find QC fits you like a favorite pair of jeans or a nice set of gloves ... in my short 1.1 hrs of playing, I found it to have the look and feel of Quake 4, and it seems very similar to UT2k in that every weapon in the game can net you a kill, you just have to know how and when to use them. The RL is tamed down a lot as well.

Comment

Hello! Is there still life here? I really miss the good ole days of BF2. If anyone cares I play World of Warships on the weekend. I play under the name MR_MADHATTER. Me and a buddy have a Clan, [-GAG-]. We usually play on weekends. Feel free to join us. We play all types and tiers. Bring a microphone. Here's an old one... murder.jpg
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Those were some good times MH.
                          Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

oh god how i miss BF2.

Comment

Heyo,

Still kickin', thought I'd drop a line and say hello... and just inform Duke that I still have this.

Also, I've been playing a lot of Squad.

Comment

Originally posted by TheProphet2213 View Post
                                Heyo,

Still kickin', thought I'd drop a line and say hello... and just inform Duke that I still have this.

Also, I've been playing a lot of Squad.

Hi, Prophet, I remember that day, I also remember the glitch you used to get them, lol. 2142 was a fun game.
                                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X