Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consoles - Microsoft tries to screw you again

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...615071540.html

Although, I have a xbox 360, I have not used it much since I got my CPU almost one year ago.

I definitely will not be getting one of the new consoles.

You can read the article for yourselves, but this is reminiscent of the Sim City debacle.

You have to be online to play games, can't lend games or buy used games as they will be coded to your console. Netflix users will have to pay a little extra for the annual "LIVE" membership fee.

I guess I will be a PC only gamer from here on out.
    [hlx]

"Why so serious"

On the other hand you can go for the ps4, which has out preformance Microsoft in every way from hardware, online and games. Not to mention price.

I'm looking forward of getting a ps4. Although the ps3 still kicking ass with new release this Xmas.
    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I don't know where to go.
      Though the Xbox 1 will only have to be on once per day online. I dislike this as well. There were several things I think they will have to step back in using I think.
      Maybe wait for the steam box? if it ever comes out.
      I might just buy a blue ray player I guess.

Link doesn't work though.

Comment

If I can't play it on my PC I do not want to play it. I dislike consoles.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Consoles are for kids who can't be bothered to figure out how a PC works. It's why Apple is selling so well - the average soccer Mom doesn't want to install or configure anything, she just wants her app that finds the nearest Starbucks and that's pretty much it. I'm with Apache on this one.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Consoles

[COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
              Consoles are for kids who can't be bothered to figure out how a PC works. It's why Apple is selling so well - the average soccer Mom doesn't want to install or configure anything, she just wants her app that finds the nearest Starbucks and that's pretty much it. I'm with Apache on this one.
              All true. I see consoles as being social entertainment. I don't imagine many of us have hooked up four controllers so our friends can crowd around our PC. Most PC games aren't designed to be shared at parties.

Comment

lmao this house is a wash with gaming things...
                ok its not a massive list but we do have most of the current ones
                Gameboy Advanced (both versions)
                DS (both versions)
                DSi
                3DS (soon)
                PSx
                PSone (on loan to my dad on a more than perm basis now)
                PS2 slim (also had first one, but it broke)
                PS3 origianal house sized one
                XBOX 360 (both orig and new s versions)
                Wii with most of the trimmings
                3 desktop PC's
                4 laptops (if you count that silly netbook)
                I'm not going into phones and tablets....

Lets say there is a reason why i refuse to put a wireless card in my PC and would rather work over a 20m cable lmao

My mum went into the game store here one time, goes "i'm looking for a dance game"
                guy goes "what console do you have"
                she paused, said " all of them"
                guy had a giggle at that.

theres 4 adults in the house, its pretty certain thats why we ended up with them all like that.

They all have their place, each has a role to play.
                The consoles get used for what they are ment for, entertaining more than 1 person at a time.

XD

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Sony wins the prize for EPiC BURN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOosVWP--j0

Comment

http://penny-arcade.com/comic

Comment

I lol'd. Sony won before the war even started.

Comment

I preordered a PS4 yesterday. As Redd notes it beats the Xbox One in every possible way, but the number and quality of their exclusive games and franchises sealed the deal (question on Xbox One exclusives--if it's still going to be on PC, is it really "exclusive?" They should think about this. I'm happier with Witcher 3 on pc anyway).

The remaining PS3 games are going to be amazing too so it will be an expensive fall. I don't have a 360 yet but I have zero interest in the Xbox One. The Wii U still has potential but Nintendo isn't moving fast enough to capitalize on it. It was the first Nintendo system I haven't bought on launch day since I picked up my Super Nintendo at launch, but I figure I can get a deluxe model used when I need it for the exclusives like Mario and Zelda.

Regarding other consoles, I went nuts last year on the nostalgia, so I now own: Intellivision 2; Nintendo/SNES/N64/GC/Wii; PS1/2/3; Sega Master System/Genesis/32x/Sega CD/Saturn/Dreamcast; XBox; Neo Geo AES/Pocket Color; Panasonic 3DO; Game Gear/Atari Lynx/Game Boy/Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance/Game Boy DS/PSP Go/PSP 3000. I only had 9 of these before last year including the intellivision and the Nintendo consoles. Grew up on Intellivision and NES so I'm always going to have a soft spot for consoles even though a lot of PC games are flat out better, including nearly all shooters.

By the way, if you can get hold of a PSPGo, this little toy is just about the single greatest emulation machine known to man. I picked up a very clean used one for 50 bucks and it's just an awesome little device.

-Rand
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I just want to make sure I can play mirrors edge 2 whenever it comes out.

Comment

I'm a PC gamer at heart but I still play consoles with friends. I have a 360 and a ps3 now but with all the crap Microsoft is pulling ill be PS4 only.
                            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I'm not a kid and I know how my computer works. Maybe not Geek Squad level but average gamer level I think. I love my 360 because I can play in my living room, on my big screen, on games that are better suited to a console (ie anything at all sports related). Pure shooters are always gonna be better on a pc of course and Skyrim looks amazing there as well. Considering that I picked up Fallout 3 GOTY for $14 and have been having a blast you can also say that there is great value in console gaming. I had wanted to play some BF3 last night but instead got to watch Origin update for over an hour. Used games will still be there but there will be a surcharge with them now that Gamestop will just build right into the resale price.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X