Canada stops distribution of penny coin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
    I don't think I'd mind having a $1 coin. Like golden, I lived in Germany for a while, and at the time they had 5 Mark coins. I do think we should get rid of the penny...
    It also made people actually pick up coins. Finding change for the laundry was actually easy. Or just for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
      It also made people actually pick up coins. Finding change for the laundry was actually easy. Or just for dinner.
      Also made using vending machines easier...
      [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Where are all our Canadian friends... we need their input here.
        I come with SMILES!!!! ...Most of us are VERY happy that the stupid penny no longer exists...I for one wish they would rid smaller coins period. They are nothing but a nucense (sp?). If anything, I'd be happy with quarters and half dollar coins an thats it. No need for nickels and dimes either. If they had to change all the prices of everything to the nearest quarter, so be it. Wouldn't be a life changer

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
          I come with SMILES!!!! ...Most of us are VERY happy that the stupid penny no longer exists...I for one wish they would rid smaller coins period. They are nothing but a nucense (sp?). If anything, I'd be happy with quarters and half dollar coins an thats it. No need for nickels and dimes either. If they had to change all the prices of everything to the nearest quarter, so be it. Wouldn't be a life changer
          what do you feel about the $1 coin?

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
            I think you're past old and into ancient now.
            I am actually a bit older than Apache.

PS you are going to the cheap strip clubs where they have Wads of $1 bills hanging out. Its $20 a lap dance in Jersey/NYC places.
            Really haven't been in quite a while, but most of the dollar bills hanging out are usually dance tips. (Buying/wasting money on lap dances is a younger man's game).
            --Slaughter

Comment

what do you feel about the $1 coin?
              I would like to see it go...I was disappointed when they got rid of the $2 bill and replaced it with a coin (Toonie) as well. The only coins we need is quarters and half dollars

Comment

As I said Golden, Canadians do not use the term Loonie as a term of endearment.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

PS you are going to the cheap strip clubs where they have Wads of $1 bills hanging out. Its $20 a lap dance in Jersey/NYC places.
                  There's a massive difference between dancer "tips" and lap dance costs, and $20 would be a supreme discount in most places in Maryland. The most popular club in Baltimore charged $50 and worse, it was a chair on the stage situation. Needless to say, I never had one there.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I always thought the Canadian dollar coin was called the Loonie because it has a Loon one the back side?

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I don't understand strip clubs... What's the point of getting all hot and bothered and then going back to whatever crappy merchandise you have at home that made you leave in the first place? Now brothels, those are the real deal.

Comment

I didn't mean for this to turn into a discussion of strip clubs. I was just using that as one silly example of how carrying around dollar coins might be; at least for men. I certainly don't want a larger wallet to be able to hold coins or in have them another pocket (or in a change holder in another pocket or in the car, etc.).
                        --Slaughter

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                          I always thought the Canadian dollar coin was called the Loonie because it has a Loon one the back side?

-Rand
                          You are correct sir...

Comment

We grumbled in the UK when we lost the pound note for a pound coin but it worked out fine and we even have a two pound coin now. I think there is a five pound coin but mainly a commemorative thing.

Guess you would just have to tip in even $5's.
                            Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Not sure when it happened, but it seems a lot of places are trying to charge $30 for dances. WTF is up with that?
                              [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Originally posted by trip202 View Post
                                Not sure when it happened, but it seems a lot of places are trying to charge $30 for dances. WTF is up with that?
                                Sometimes, the stated price is just a reference point for negotiation. Free free to counteroffer something equally ridiculous. As long as you're willing to walk away from a deal, there is no bad offer. Nothing is worth more than you want to pay.

Or, maybe this establishment is trying to chase out the ordinary guys. If it's a popular, crowded place, maybe normal people aren't welcome anymore.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X