Comment

Still no power....
      K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
      sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by layziee View Post

There's trees like this down all over
        Only managed to send one picture so far to my email (gotta save the battery on my phone lol)
        I'm going to sue you for physical damage I received from turning my head sideways to see what the hell is going on in that picture.

Comment

Pop quiz hotshots: the county administration building post-Sandy, or the next BF3 map?

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
            Pop quiz hotshots: the county administration building post-Sandy, or the next BF3 map?

-Rand
            I am going to go with the next BF3 Map.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The gas lines are crazy today, like a mile long. Two stations by my house already ran out of fuel. Prices went from $3.76 on Tuesday to $4.45 today. People just need to chill out and stay home.
              Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
                The gas lines are crazy today, like a mile long. Two stations by my house already ran out of fuel. Prices went from $3.76 on Tuesday to $4.45 today. People just need to chill out and stay home.
                If they price hiked it just take a pic and call in the cops. Its the best way to get back at them.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                  If they price hiked it just take a pic and call in the cops. Its the best way to get back at them.
                  So supply and demand shouldn't apply?
                  [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

It's price gouging. also, they are only allowed to legally change prices once every 24 hours, at least in Ny
                    [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Bear in mind that gas stations only mark up gas about $.06 a gallon above their cost. If their price went up it's because their cost probably went up the same amount.

Comment

If you raise your prices during an emergency and can not prove it is legitimate, that is price gouging and is illegal.
                        One of the local motels raised their rate 400% during one of the hurricanes a few years ago. The state of Georgia busted them and they had to refund the money and pay a hefty fine.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_K4B6zcPZc
                          [hlx]

Comment

Cost of shipping into a disaster area is usually higher then normal, plus they usually scheduled shipments in advance, but with power out alot of people use generators which increases gas use and they have to call in an emergency shipment or close the station.

Im very used to hurricanes here in Fort Myers. The last one that was close by was Charley(cat 4) that hit Punta Gorda just 25 miles away from my home.

We have 3 generators and 5 6-gallon gas cans, plus our RV holds about 60 gallons.

Comment

There I can understand if the price of the gas went up. BUUUTTT... there are no trucks on the road delivering gas as of the post.

Its about price gouging. There are several laws set up in this area for it. Something happens every year with this in mind.

Comment

The trucks are going to roll after midnight tonight, at least here in NY. They started to roll some this morning but people started following them and were getting out of hand. The barges that were bringing the fuel into NY were held up until the Coast Guard could map a route out so they wouldn't get stranded. Now the fuel is coming back in. The media is definitely creating a lot of hysterics over this. When you have lines over a mile long all day, of course stations are going to run out of gas. I saw a line this morning at a station about a quarter mile long that had no gas. People were sleeping in their car waiting for the truck to come, crazy.
                                Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X