Post Sandy Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Sandy Roll Call

I hope everyone is doing alright after this crazy storm. My house lost power for about 2 hours and besides the many branches I have to pull off the roof, looks like there was no damage.

Roll call time. Whats your guys status?

That storm is one for the record books. Nothing like it ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I'm in Seattle. It's raining. Pretty much the normal. Hope everyone's ok.

Comment

No visible damage. Some minor concerns about roof leakage due to age, but we patched it last year after a leak. Need a new one next year though to be safe. No loss of power, so all the food is intact and won't need to be replaced again this year.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Seems we aren't as lucky. It's been three days without power. No heating, no generator, lots of trees down Sucks!!!
          K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
          sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
            Seems we aren't as lucky. It's been three days without power. No heating, no generator, lots of trees down Sucks!!!
            that totally sucks, tell alan i'm thinking about you guys and hope all is well!

Comment

I will upload some of the pictures I took of the aftermath.. I'm about 10 mins from NYC. We got hit really bad. For power I gotta hangout at work (IT Department).. Cold showers and candle lit nights and many books until I get my power back. Trees down everywhere (luckily none hit anything I own).

They said anywhere from 5-7 days I'll have power back

5 dead on Long Island, and millions without power for days on end. **** you Hurricane Sandy, ****....you.
              Last edited by juneau; 3 Nov 2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
                That sucks my brother is near Rutgers and he lost his power only for a day. Myself I am lucky 50 feet from me in an intersection and buisneses with no power.

Comment

Originally posted by layziee View Post
                  I will upload some of the pictures I took of the aftermath.. I'm about 10 mins from NYC. We got hit really bad. For power I gotta hangout at work (IT Department).. Cold showers and candle lit nights and many books until I get my power back. Trees down everywhere (luckily none hit anything I own).

They said anywhere from 5-7 days I'll have power back

5 dead on Long Island, and millions without power for days on end. **** you Hurricane Sandy, ****....you.
                  Glad you are ok. I know I don't live too far from you and I almost felt guilty, everyone around me lost power. I did not even lose my internet and no damage to my place. I got very lucky. Went to the gym today and everyone was showering,shaving there etc. The only problem now is gas. I have a quarter tank left. I might go out at 10 or 11 and hopefully the lines to the pump have died down.
                  Last edited by juneau; 3 Nov 2012, 10:02 AM.
                  [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Originally posted by trip202 View Post
                    Glad you are ok. I know I don't live too far from you and I almost felt guilty, everyone around me lost power. I did not even lose my internet and no damage to my place. I got very lucky. Went to the gym today and everyone was showering,shaving there etc. The only problem now is gas. I have a quarter tank left. I might go out at 10 or 11 and hopefully the lines to the pump have died down.
                    It's better to go early in the morning, lines are the shortest then because people have to sleep haha

Comment

There's trees like this down all over
                      Only managed to send one picture so far to my email (gotta save the battery on my phone lol)

Comment

Damn dude that is serious, a co-worker has a tree in her living room.
                        [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Yea same thing in north NJ with the trees. I just don't live near any that came down.

Several gas stations around me have run out of gas.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                            Yea same thing in north NJ with the trees. I just don't live near any that came down.

Several gas stations around me have run out of gas.
                            New Jersey got it the worst. The Ferris wheels were in the water by the Jersey shore. A lot of the coast has been changed.
                            [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

The winds were hellacious but luckily I didn't lose power or get any damage. This was a neighbor's of mine house:

This was the BP gas station by my house:

Nassau County and the City got it much worse. I can't believe the devastation at Breezy point. Over 90 homes destroyed by fire. I was talking to my neighbor tonight, him and his wife were shoveling about 5 feet of mud out of her parents basement today. One of my customers was called in to pump out one of the tunnels. They got there with two big 6,500 gallon vac trucks but there is like eleven million gallons of water in the tunnel. Crazy stuff. Water got into places they never thought would ever go.

800,000 with out power just on long island. http://www.lipower.org/stormcenter/outagemap.html

Going to help out friends this weekend remove some trees. Cant believe my area was so unscathed.
                              Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X