No announcement yet.

Olympic Opening Ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Cerimonies.........I kinda thought it would be something like that. Although I wasn't expecting the Para Queen or Mr. Bean. China is almost impossible to follow so Boyle did what he said he would...his own thing. They should have dumped the theme they had, down through the ages or whatever it was and just went for "FUN AT THE OLYMPICS" and turned the whole show into British comedy and music.

I liked the look on the Queen's face when it came time to declare the games open. It was like "Do I have to?....I'm old and I'd rather stay sitting down...can't someone else... Hey Kate! Get off your royal arse and make yourself usefull."

Last edited by MR_MADHATTER; 30 Jul 2012, 08:25 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by mr_madhatter View Post
      opening cerimonies.........i kinda thought it would be something like that. Although i wasn't expecting the para queen or mr. Bean. China is almost impossible to follow so boyle did what he said he would...his own thing. They should have dumped the theme they had, down through the ages or whatever it was and just went for "fun at the olympics" and turned the whole show into british comedy and music.

I liked the look on the queen's face when it came time to declare the games open. It was like "do i have to?....i'm old and i'd rather stay sitting down...can't someone else... Hey kate! Get off your royal arse and make yourself usefull."

ROFL.

Comment

The Mens Canoe Double finals was probably the most intense Olympic final event i've ever seen lol.

GBR Gold and Silver!

Comment

So then. I hear you guys in the US got just treated just as badly by NBC for the closing ceremony as you did for the opening and all of the events lol. Showing a new sitcom about a monkey over the closing of one of the major world sporting events? I'd be boycotting NBC if they had a channel here.

edit: Eric Idle's song was censored!!?? WTH?

Comment

I'm sorry, it's not like we're missing anything. That was a "rubbish" closing ceremony. The worst part is the "preview" of the Brazillian ceremony.

Comment

I am going to try to watch it online. Didn't even bother with watching it "live"

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                I'm sorry, it's not like we're missing anything. That was a "rubbish" closing ceremony. The worst part is the "preview" of the Brazillian ceremony.
                How is mainly music a rubbish closing ceremony? You had The Who playing!

Forgot about this headline i saw days ago. It made me laugh then i still does today.

In NBC Olympics coverage competition comes second to praising Team USA

Emma Keller recaps NBC's coverage of Team USA and those other countries. What are they again? Are they even competing?
                ROFL!

@Fooler - I hear the only way to watch it live was to stream it over the internet and only if you have Comcast.

This is what the BBC's online viewing schedule looks like. I can still go back and watch every second of every event, just like i could live. I can also do the same via my TV.

Find yourself a British proxy or vpn (i imagine you'd have to do this, not 100% sure) and click this.

BBC Sport - London 2012 Olympics - Full Schedule : Grid View
                Last edited by juneau; 13 Aug 2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I use tunnelbear when I want to buy books that aren't available in the US.
                  Simple, private, free access to the global internet you love!TunnelBear

Last week I planned to watch Judo, Shooting and Fencing and the menu showed that NBC was scheduled to broadcast them. I turned on the TV and watched the entire 3 hour event. The only events they showed was Water Polo and Table Tennis.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post

Last week I planned to watch Judo, Shooting and Fencing and the menu showed that NBC was scheduled to broadcast them. I turned on the TV and watched the entire 3 hour event. The only events they showed was Water Polo and Table Tennis.
                    Apache
                    If the BBC iplayer website allows tunnelbear to work you should click my link above.

Comment

Apache
                      If you got MSNBC or something else as part of your tv you could log on and watch whatever you want with very few commericals and nobody talking.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        If the BBC iplayer website allows tunnelbear to work you should click my link above.
                        I will when I get home. I am in Atlanta for my semi annual Atlanta Jewelry Show trip.
                        Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                        If you got MSNBC or something else as part of your tv you could log on and watch whatever you want with very few commericals and nobody talking.
                        That was MSNBC that was supposed to broadcast them and did not.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I will when I get home. I am in Atlanta for my semi annual Atlanta Jewelry Show trip.

That was MSNBC that was supposed to broadcast them and did not.
                          Apache
                          You could watch online though at any point. Live Extra - Watch The 2012 Summer Olympics Live Online | NBC Olympics

I watched some judo and fencing. Womens judo sucked just like their basketball.

Comment

That's why it sucked. Just music performances. You remember China? That was a show of real choreography. And fireworks! Where are my fireworks?

Also, who are the Who? Never heard of them.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                              That's why it sucked. Just music performances. You remember China? That was a show of real choreography. And fireworks! Where are my fireworks?

Also, who are the Who? Never heard of them.
                              Why would we copy China? There were fireworks. I didn't find the Beijing opening to be anything special. Any country can use fear to control a bunch of choreographed children into creating a master performance.

You've never heard of The Who?

@Apache- No rush in using the BBC services. Just read that all the footage will be available until January lol. The BBC rules.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X