Olympic Opening Ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Opening Ceremony

Anybody watching The Teletubbies? I mean, Hobbiton? I mean the London 2012 opening ceremony?

Danny Boyle better do us proud lol.

13min to go.

edit: ok, i'm actually pretty impressed so far lol. Thought this would be an embarrassment.
    Last edited by juneau; 27 Jul 2012, 04:32 PM.

Shhh. Spoilers.

The opening and closing ceremonies are the only dang things NBC isn't showing live online in the States. We won't see any of it until 7:30 p.m. EST.

You guys suck by the way. If our USOC wasn't petty, they would have picked D.C./Baltimore for our bid city over NYC, and they would have had a better chance against London. In a perfect world, I'd be off work and already on my way to the Olympic Stadium in D.C. for the ceremony live and in person.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

So tempted to say what just happened it was hilarious. Involved 2 people jumping out of a chopper.

edit: pretty insulted at the fact the annoucements are made in French first, then English.

edit: OMFG Mr Bean! Sorry, spoilers i know.

edit: I have a feeling international viewers are going to be lost through most of this lol.

Comment

Luckily I have seen enough British tele because of my stepmother.

Actually its good its going on at 7:30. Thats when I will be walking into my apartment.

Note to self, but some chinese.

Comment

The absurdity of this is beyond belief--I already know your references because the media here can't shut up about it. Since they're this spoilerish and overt about the opening ceremonies, the big-time events are going to suck if I miss the live net feed because I'll know the results 5-8 hours before I can see the event. There is no way to avoid it in the modern age.

-Rand

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
            The absurdity of this is beyond belief--I already know your references because the media here can't shut up about it. Since they're this spoilerish and overt about the opening ceremonies, the big-time events are going to suck if I miss the live net feed because I'll know the results 5-8 hours before I can see the event. There is no way to avoid it in the modern age.

-Rand
            Don't look at any news feeds?

Comment

Shhh. Spoilers.

The opening and closing ceremonies are the only dang things NBC isn't showing live online in the States. We won't see any of it until 7:30 p.m. EST.

You guys suck by the way. If our USOC wasn't petty, they would have picked D.C./Baltimore for our bid city over NYC, and they would have had a better chance against London. In a perfect world, I'd be off work and already on my way to the Olympic Stadium in D.C. for the ceremony live and in person.

-Rand
              The last time England hosted the Olympics was 64 years ago in 1948. The US has hosted them 3 times in the last 30 years. I think it was fair that the British got this one.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Hope you guys got the opening without commercials. That would utterly ruin it imo.

Comment

Commercials out the wazoo. Spiced up by political ads from both candidates.

Chalk up the short films of the ceremony with Slumdog Millionaire in the "dreck by Danny Boyle" category. I did not like the overuse of the "speed-up" effect through each and every one. Props for using Mr. Bean and Kenneth Branagh though.

Why isn't Rowan Atkinson a knight?

-Rand

Comment

Commercials out the wazoo. Spiced up by political ads from both candidates.

Chalk up the short films of the ceremony with Slumdog Millionaire in the "dreck by Danny Boyle" category. I did not like the overuse of the "speed-up" effect through each and every one. Props for using Mr. Bean and Kenneth Branagh though.

Why isn't Rowan Atkinson a knight?

-Rand
                    I could not believe how many times they cut away to commercials.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Was the broadcast paused during commercials? Or did you get back to the opening thinking "what have i missed?"

It's only a matter of time before Rowan is knighted. Especially after last night.

Comment

That was a pretty crappy opening ceremony to be honest with you. So, not sure if I had missed anything but you started with the James Bond coming in a chopper, looking down, and then leaving? Then the Mary Poppins bordem-fest. Then the only good part, Mr. Bean.

Sorry, London, I give you 3 out of 10 stars.

Comment

I agree with phantom. Boring. Nothing really new. Then mashup of songs. Maybe you got the full song for each one.

In the olympics you show a guy who worked on the internet?
                          I mean come on .... boring. Though Alanta wasn't that great either.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                            Was the broadcast paused during commercials? Or did you get back to the opening thinking "what have i missed?"

It's only a matter of time before Rowan is knighted. Especially after last night.
                            No pauses. They'd come back in the Parade of Nations and zip through whatever sucker countries were skipped before getting to what NBC considers to be a real nation again.

-Rand

Comment

No pauses. They'd come back in the Parade of Nations and zip through whatever sucker countries were skipped before getting to what NBC considers to be a real nation again.

-Rand
                              ROFL! Must admit, the parade is kinda tedious.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X