Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time traveller in Chaplin movie with cellphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
    Also, I have thought about those hearing devices...and it could well be what she is using; however, that wouldn't explain why she seems to be talking. Their range is relatively short, and nobody in the vicinity appears to be either listening to her or talking to her. So, is she just a nut? Or is there something more?

Comment

Definitely a time traveler, no doubt !!!

K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
      sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
        Definitely a time traveler, no doubt !!!

There you go!

Comment

Something ya'all haven't mentioned and neither did the posts on the original article.

Based on the fact it appears to be a male and they appear to be actually having an entertaining conversation, why is it not plausible it's an alien who just doesn't give a crap anyone seems them communicating?

Other than that, the most likely explanation is it's a NON-hearing impaired individual having fun with a friend using one of the hearing aids at the links below. These things could very easily allow someone with good hearing to communicate 50 or 100+ feet away. Even people back then had imaginations

1929 SUPER-EAR AMERICAN EARPHONE CO HEARING AID TRUMPET

Here's another pic.
          Missouri Digital Heritage : Collection : Item Viewer
          [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
          Like the community? Donate here:
          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
            I'm pretty sure there were no battery operated/portable devices.
            Ever watch Myth Busters on Discovery Channel? Batteries been around before the B.C. time. Dont recall the proper name for them but Myth Busters call em Baghdad Batteries. (update; I think its called Parthian Battery)

Anyway here are some earlier battery hearing aid from 1910

Last edited by Caddys83; 1 Nov 2010, 11:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Nice finds guys. I wonder how many people got killed by those old battery powered devices. They look scary.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X