Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time traveller in Chaplin movie with cellphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time traveller in Chaplin movie with cellphone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj3qe...eature=related

From Charlie Chaplin's movie, The Circus.

Or is she talking into a sea shell, or to herself? Or is it a man (see the size of those hands?)? Etc., etc.

And I found a related article with a physicist discussing the possibility (perhaps a crack-pot...but it'd be cool to think it possible). http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/10/28/...=nfmostpopular
    Last edited by Skud; 28 Oct 2010, 01:46 PM.

lI was going to post a video of this a few days ago when MSN had a topic on it. I later thought it just not worth it.

Serveral things;
    If she is on the cell phone, it appers the cell phone is from the late 90's early '00's.
    She could be using a primitive hearing aid from that era.
    She could be trying to hide her face.
    She is scratching her face.
    She is listening to a timepiece or some sort of musicalpiece

Comment

I think I heard a scientist saying that time travel to the past of one's own timeline/universe/dimention is impossible. So if it's a time-traveler, it's someone from an alternate timeline/universe/dimention. But who knows what's possible or impossible? Who the heck would they be talking to anyway? Where's the cell tower? Are they using Verizon or ATT? What kind of calling plan is that? How many minutes to the future/past do you get? How much does it cost to call the past/future? When do you get billed?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by MR_MADHATTER View Post
        I think I heard a scientist saying that time travel to the past of one's own timeline/universe/dimention is impossible. So if it's a time-traveler, it's someone from an alternate timeline/universe/dimention. But who knows what's possible or impossible? Who the heck would they be talking to anyway? Where's the cell tower? Are they using Verizon or ATT? What kind of calling plan is that? How many minutes to the future/past do you get? How much does it cost to call the past/future? When do you get billed?
        Time travel has been deemed imposible
        there are three things similar to time travel that scientist still believe is possible...
        - One is converting the body into pure energy(like traveling through a worm hole) and converting back which would give the appearance of traveling to the future(b/c ur body wouldnt age)

- Through a whole lotta stuff i dont understand they think that "viewing" the past/future is posible but like i said its confusing.

- traveling at the speed of light(as pure energy) you can colliding with matter can cause you to be suspended in space as pure energy until the collective energy that is you can reorganize and thus allowing time to seemingly go by instantly

Comment

Originally posted by MR_MADHATTER View Post
          Who the heck would they be talking to anyway? Where's the cell tower? Are they using Verizon or ATT? What kind of calling plan is that? How many minutes to the future/past do you get? How much does it cost to call the past/future? When do you get billed?
          Lol great points.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Dont need no cell tower if the phone is wifi/ or linked up to the time machine.... duh...

Comment

You guys are too serious...or perhaps you missed my jokes about it in the original post:

Or is she talking into a sea shell, or to herself? Or is it a man (see the size of those hands?)? Etc., etc.

And I found a related article with a physicist discussing the possibility (perhaps a crack-pot...but it'd be cool to think it possible).

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                You guys are too serious...or perhaps you missed my jokes about it in the original post:
                Oh......

Comment

The fact it that some few seconds of ancient footage could stimulate peoples imaginations to question their own reality 82 years later, if only briefly, is pretty neat.
                  Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
                    The fact it that some few seconds of ancient footage could stimulate peoples imaginations to question their own reality 82 years later, if only briefly, is pretty neat.
                    Precisely. The possibility of something more...hey, it's nice to dream.

Comment

Fun to think about. Some news was saying it might have been a tape recorder. Did they have ones that you could even hold in your hand like that back then?

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake View Post
                        Fun to think about. Some news was saying it might have been a tape recorder. Did they have ones that you could even hold in your hand like that back then?
                        I'm pretty sure there were no battery operated/portable devices.

Comment

K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                          sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
                            Oh, someone else who doesn't like to have fun!

Comment

K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                              sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X