Competitive Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starfire
    Gotta see how Warfare plays out. I was very active in the Cains-Titan matches and also helped represent Cains with some others in open the ons tourney where the clanners were dubious of our skills until many of us whooped it up. If Warfare pans out, I'd be game to participate. I love showing youngsters that us old farts can play.
    The clan attitude is a good point. They always denigrate us, until they stop by and see that some people who play at Cain's are every bit as good as the folks they're used to playing, if not better in some ways.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
      Originally posted by Starfire
      Gotta see how Warfare plays out. I was very active in the Cains-Titan matches and also helped represent Cains with some others in open the ons tourney where the clanners were dubious of our skills until many of us whooped it up. If Warfare pans out, I'd be game to participate. I love showing youngsters that us old farts can play.
      The clan attitude is a good point. They always denigrate us, until they stop by and see that some people who play at Cain's are every bit as good as the folks they're used to playing, if not better in some ways.

-Rand
      We're just not always as organized as a clan

One of the BIGGEST reasons why I came here to Cain's was that I wanted to play somewhere where I could get the competitive nature and skill of a clan, without having to deal with the politics bs and obsessive playing schedule. After participating in the AGC tourney, I was reminded of why I came here, and why I avoided the whole clan/competitive scene in the first place. Not that I can't play to their level, but more that I don't want to put in the obsessive amount of time and commitment that most clans require.

With that said, if Warfare really does pan out as the place to hang out and lay down some carnage, then I might want to lend my availability as an alternate or something. I'm just really unsure if I want to commit to that much time in order to bring my skills up to clan-play levels. Time will tell

Comment

What game type are you interested in doing this for? I have done the competitve thing for a long time with CTF in the past versions of UT.

Anyway good to see Cains has UT running again.

Comment

Great to see you on the Lair again Snake!

I would love to participate in the organized group, but I do not have the time available to lead or organize it.
          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by Snake-Eyes
            What game type are you interested in doing this for? I have done the competitve thing for a long time with CTF in the past versions of UT.

Anyway good to see Cains has UT running again.
            SNAAAAAAAAAKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

What's up bud !?!?

You playing UT3 ??

Comment

Clan play ONS peaked at 5v5 and changed to 6v6 a couple of years ago I believe. There is also a 3v3 ladder currently on TWL.

For Warfare, nobody has a clue right now what will work or be feasible. Its tough to maintain an active roster with more than 6 dedicated players. We had a few inter-clan mixers that ran 8v8 I believe was the last count. The game is totally different at those numbers. Hard to explain if you are used to 16v16 like Cain's ONS server.

Another option is to take on some of the other more pub oriented communities like Titans, Omnipotents, Pub, DW, etc.. That would likely garner a full player count type of environment and be perhpas more familiar.

Not saying you should not consider creating a standard ladder team, I just see it as fairly large departure from what most pub'rs are used to.

At the end of the day though, it all depends on the attitude you take going into the venture and as long as its one based on fun, whatever choice is made should be good for all.

When a game is fresh, there will be a lot of scrims between clans, best way to practice and try out new strats. I would suggest getting into that circle and frequent the various clan forums and organizing some. Typically, its not much to do so, show up, introduce yourself and set a date and location for the match. Make sure you have Vent or TS (although Vent is better both work) as clan servers will not have Voip enabled. I think that would be a good way to get the feel for what to expect and get used to the differing game play.

You will normally find performance on a clan box improved, tick rate is higher, player count is lower and no voip. Its all about ping and frames.

If you do decide to do this, pop by T5K and we can scrim it up. You will find a bunch of peeps over there that you already know, Doz, Nomad, Source, Turbo and your's truly to name a few. We will be up and running UT3 once its released. Good luck!

Comment

Hey Cain

Honestly I didn't even realize the demo was out. I have been traveling so much for work these past couple months I have been semi out of the loop.

Now that things have slowed for me a bit I just have to down load it and I am sure you will be seeing me soon enough.

Hope all is well, I missed you guys.

Comment

Nice to see you back Snake !!

and has anyone been in contact with our Titan friends across the pond ??

Comment

I think Slug posted a lot of good info for you Cain and if you need any help when you put a team a together and need Scrims to get them ready. T5K and other good clans I know will be there for your team.

I am Caster for E-Rev at http://www.e-rev.tv/
                    We do Live Video feeds of UT3 matches and we did 3v3 and 6v6 2k4 ONS with great success.
                    We at E-Rev will be working very hard to cast as many UT3 matches.
                    We ask team to post request and then the Caster will get in your Ventrilo or Team Speak and ask some info about your team. Post here when you want your match broad-casted http://www.e-rev.tv/forums/

Its all about Fun and We wish you many GG.

Comment

Originally posted by T5K Dozinator
                      I am Caster for E-Rev
                      Doz how did you get to be a caster? curious how you got there not after your job or that hehe

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex
                        Originally posted by T5K Dozinator
                        I am Caster for E-Rev
                        Doz how did you get to be a caster? curious how you got there not after your job or that hehe
                        Charisma!

Comment

lol obviously thats required hehe

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                          ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Actually, I believe they are looking for more casters over at e-rev.com

Comment

We also have Nomadicus as a Video caster.

I was asked to do a guest spot on a 6v6 ONS match since I know all of ONS players and the game. I played some guitar and I had a blast that night. They asked me to join. I am glad they did and I want to make this UT3 game fun for all.

You can post that you want to be a caster.

you will need Ventrilo and a good headset and sound card.
                              The Video casters need two computers and the one that does video needs to be super strong with good bandwidth since you have to do the video.

We have Izan and Nomad ready to do UT3 when it hits.

Comment

I could be a running target with the power lag on my side...

Target practise...
                                Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X