• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by {CLR} Naillik
    XP
    32 or 64?

Comment

Dust is just a possible/likely reason for the card to overheat. What brand of card do you have?? Does it have a warranty?

The suggestion with the fan blowing on your computer is intended to confirm that the card is indeed overheating. If opening the case and blowing a fan on the card allows you to start and play the game, then you know it's a heat issue. If the card is not dusty and you have good air flow in your case, then it's likely the card is damaged and needs to be replaced. So hopefully you have a card with a warranty.

MD

Comment

If the card is a 7800gt then 48c is pretty damn cool. My old 7800GT could easily reach 70c under load.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorDeath
          Dust is just a possible/likely reason for the card to overheat. What brand of card do you have?? Does it have a warranty?

The suggestion with the fan blowing on your computer is intended to confirm that the card is indeed overheating. If opening the case and blowing a fan on the card allows you to start and play the game, then you know it's a heat issue. If the card is not dusty and you have good air flow in your case, then it's likely the card is damaged and needs to be replaced. So hopefully you have a card with a warranty.

MD
          I don't understand though. It can play HL2 and BF and CS just fine.
          It never is hot

Comment

Some games will push your video card harder than others, and cause your card to heat up more. UT3 is next generation and will make your card work harder than those older games will. There is a chance I'm wrong about it being heat related, I'm trying to help you confirm or rule that possibility out.

MD

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X