No announcement yet.

Feedback from the ONS Guys ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In some ways they made the game easier and some hard. The stinger will allow anyone to kill quickly without regard to skill. The sniper will be harder than the lightning gun to master. Using the link in a chain is much, much more difficult. Movement is toned down over 2k4 but in a good way I think. The vehicles show some improvement but still need tweaking. While the goliath can aim upwards better, it can't shoot all the way up where it aims...kind of strange. Scorpion is much improved as is the manta, while the raptor is the least improved and easier to use/requires less skill. The graphics.....no need to say they are the best in gaming at the moment. Netcode is absolutely incredible that should allow for huge games relatively lag-free.

Now the real bad....don't even bother to play if you don't have a decent system. It's difficult to delineate characters/items on lowest video settings. The game seems to be also very cpu intensive, maxing out even the faster dualcore cpus rather easily.

My overall feeling is Warfare, like ons in 2k4, will be the biggest/most popular gametype with the ctf/vctf having a big following as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfire
      In some ways they made the game easier and some hard. The stinger will allow anyone to kill quickly without regard to skill. The sniper will be harder than the lightning gun to master. Using the link in a chain is much, much more difficult. Movement is toned down over 2k4 but in a good way I think. The vehicles show some improvement but still need tweaking. While the goliath can aim upwards better, it can't shoot all the way up where it aims...kind of strange. Scorpion is much improved as is the manta, while the raptor is the least improved and easier to use/requires less skill. The graphics.....no need to say they are the best in gaming at the moment. Netcode is absolutely incredible that should allow for huge games relatively lag-free.

Now the real bad....don't even bother to play if you don't have a decent system. It's difficult to delineate characters/items on lowest video settings. The game seems to be also very cpu intensive, maxing out even the faster dualcore cpus rather easily.

My overall feeling is Warfare, like ons in 2k4, will be the biggest/most popular gametype with the ctf/vctf having a big following as well.
      I was worried for a while that my current CPU wouldn't be able to handle this game at all. I'm currently running a A64 3200+ Venice and getting 50+fps at 1680x1050 and max settings.

This was the game that i thought would tempt me to a C2D setup, but so far i just don't think it's needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfire
        Using the link in a chain is much, much more difficult.
        Wait..you actually were able to chain the link? I haven't seen that work yet.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Well, we think we did....I linked the vehicle and someone linked me...said it took ahold of me though I didn't see much difference in healing. I guess we wait for further info from Epic.

Comment

I did it as well once. I was linking and my link beam turned yellow. Thats all I can tell you!

MD

Comment

Must work very differently than in 2k4 then. If you don't shoot AT the player to do the linking, how would you do it?

Perhaps you have to cross the streams then? (cue obligatory Ghostbusters reference )

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
                Perhaps you have to cross the streams then?
                You said NEVER cross the streams!!!!

I've not worked it out, will have to get a few of us to work it out...

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex
                  Originally posted by CarbonFire
                  Perhaps you have to cross the streams then?
                  You said NEVER cross the streams!!!!

I've not worked it out, will have to get a few of us to work it out...
                  Aye, sounds like a plan.

Its not much of a "Link" gun if it doesn't do any linking :P

EDIT: Tried a bunch of different methods of "linking" including the forbidden stream crossing.....still no dice. I never heard anything about them taking out link gun functionality....perhaps it will still be in warfare mode

Comment

I was linking up tonight, it looks like you have to hit the center of the other guys back right between the shoulder blades. The slightest deviation and you lose it.
                    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

I thought I also read that proximity will automatically strengthen each beam, w/o visual linkage? That might only apply to primary fire though, not sure.

Kind of cool that you can now have 2 primary fires that are boosted instead of just 1.

Comment

Just waiting so far everything is a go for me, but the sad thing is when EA, buys Epic.
                        [img]http://uncledumpysnuts.com/UT/KROIL.jpg[/img]

Comment

I don't like that they reduced tank shell splash damage. And not for why you think (to catch more bad guys). No--I want to stop more Avrils. It's a hell of a lot harder to catch an avril now than in ONS. :P

I can still do it, but it's definitely harder.

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X