CainsLair.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fizbanrt
    If it was, I wouldn't touch it with an impact hammer...
    For a little server operator like me who is resource and financially limited, non-ranked games are terrific, and much less expensive .. MUCH LESS !!

If we were a big Clan like some, with over 10 thousand members, it may be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
      Originally posted by fizbanrt
      If it was, I wouldn't touch it with an impact hammer...
      For a little server operator like me who is resource and financially limited, non-ranked games are terrific, and much less expensive .. MUCH LESS !!

If we were a big Clan like some, with over 10 thousand members, it may be different.
      Cost issues aside (since "ranked" servers are tightly controlled, thus must be leased -- as Cain is acutely aware), I also think that unranked games, without unlocks, are accessible to everyone. You buy the game and you're on the same field as everyone else in terms of access to the weapons, vehicles, etc. The only thing that you lack is "skillz", but that can be picked up as you play.

You can also play at your own pace, and do not need to dump hours of gametime to get the best wtfpwn weapon. If I can only play 2 hours a day, but am darn good at the game, I am not at a disadvantage of a person who has put in hours to unlock the "one shot wonder" weapon.

The arguement can be made that people who put in that time "deserve" more I suppose, but it is not one I agree with. That is one thing I like about the UT series, in addition to much easier support for custom maps, etc over a company like EA with the BF franchise.

Whatever the case, I am glad Epic has stay away from the "unlock" crap. If they did, I'd not be playing this game much.

Comment

I agree fiz, I'm very happy Epic does not plan to follow EA/DICE's lead.

Comment

Looks like the server is down atm..

Can't find it..

What I have been able to play is awesome though...
          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
            Looks like the server is down atm..

Can't find it..

What I have been able to play is awesome though...
            Keep refreshing the list and make sure you search for full servers too.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X