No announcement yet.

Gameplay Impressions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a break from work and tried the game. I never liked UT 2K4 even though I tried to. I enjoyed this a lot and would probably like team based play even better.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

You guys make me proud!!! I'm so glad to here all the positive feedback about the game! It makes me want to give all of you a big hug!!!

For those of you wanting to make the game look even better, and run even better, check out the graphics tweak kronos[X] posted!

http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/v...ic.php?t=23042

Comment

- No death messages... I want to know that jimmyjoe killed garrybaldie with a bioriffle..... or what someone killed me with!
        Forgot about that one! I do not like not knowing who killed me with what.

I'm not missing the double-dodge that much...and that's from someone who has played 2k4 nearly every day since it came out. It still seems fast. The shock rifle is my new best friend, bio is pretty awesome with the delayed-kill.

Comment

I don't miss the double dodge, but out of habbit I try to do it anyway. No big deal. The more I play the game, the more comfortable I get with the movement.

I thought I would not like the sniper -- I was wrong. I'm just as annoying with it as I was with the LG.

One thing I do miss, and maybe i have "missed" it, is weapon throw. I seem to recall reading that it would not be present in this version of the game, which if true, is unfortunate (but it seems that the ammo respawn points are on a faster timer to compensate).

Comment

Originally posted by KillerRabbit
            Personally, I hate this demo and despise Epic for what they have done. For years I've been playing 2k4 many times a week and have had a blast every time. So naturally I've been awaiting the UT3 release. But now that we get a look at how the game really is...well, the game is filled with far more awesomeness that I could have ever expected. And for that I curse Epic for making me wait another month for the full game! Seriously, awesome stuff.
            lol you almost had me. You'd have been the last person I'd expect to hate it

Comment

One more thing... the darn gamespy id's....

Yeah use them for logging, but please for the love of all things chocolate bring back the call yourself what you want thing!

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
              ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                I took a break from work and tried the game. I never liked UT 2K4 even though I tried to. I enjoyed this a lot and would probably like team based play even better.
                Apache
                I'm gonna faint !!

Comment

Finally managed to get on the Lair for some VCTF. Amazing gameplay, amazingly smooth, was a lot of fun. The teams were pretty balanced, I think the map lasted for about an hour with overtime in full effect.
                  * Tuqui-tuqui hugs bliss
                  <Tuqui> hmm .... nice and soft
                  <bliss> ...
                  * bliss` takes off his bunny suit

Comment

ROCKS!!!

Can't wait to play Warfare!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyoldgoat
                      Finally managed to get on the Lair for some VCTF. Amazing gameplay, amazingly smooth, was a lot of fun. The teams were pretty balanced, I think the map lasted for about an hour with overtime in full effect.
                      It was also nice to see some of the CLRs in there. Lot of good play and good team work -- except when Mr. Goat tried to run me over with a manta (I was on his team!)

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                        Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                        Apache
                        I'm gonna faint !!

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Fun teaming up with you tonight Goat, you driving the Manta and me hitching a ride behind you. Works quite well. BTW, I was Dinkledorf.

I really hope they bring out another VCTF map soon. I am liking the game so far but am starting to OD on Suspense. I would really like to take the Raptor on a real run, this map is not exactly
                          Raptor friendly, can't open it up.

I am noticing some lag on Sniper and Shock and absolutely need/want/demand a better crosshair for Shock.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X