• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then just adjust the brightness. :P

Comment

I guess I have to follow suit on Rand's example

Earlier on Cain's VCTF:

And then just doing a bit of testing on the new vehicles, I found out that tanks aren't fond of being sideways:

Comment

Comment

Check out the chat in the above SS.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Hear my SS with 1400x900

Core2Duo E6750 2.66
            2 Gig of DDR2 6400
            PNY 8800GTS 640meg
            Vista prem 32bit

And this game rock on vista no lag just so fast game play.

Comment

I had a great deal of success with the Goliath today, including some action against CLRs. Here's some shots from today, after which I'll hold off on posting shots unless it's Cain or something truly cool.

Apache gets fragged...

Eagle Eyes--Aircraft:

Eagle Eyes--Scorpions:

Sprees:

This map is a lot like Adara, in that it's a very good map for tank whoring. I think I'm going to begin sticking with stuff besides the Goliath for the most part. Then again, we lost just about all the rounds above, because for much of the time I was the only one defending and I can't cover all approaches myself. Anyway, all I want to do now is perfect long distance tank-on-tank shots, which I'm close to, and long distance moving eagle eyes, again close, and I'll be right up to speed with the new Goliath.

Now, I want to throw some rockets at Cain, Apache, CarbonFire, Duke, Vito, Darth, Sirex, and the rest of the gang. Bring it on!

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Rand, I think part of the reason you guys were losing is that you were TOO defensive. Half your team was hanging around that overlook where you were, either sniping, spamming the SPMA, or healing you. Midfield was ours most of the round, which meant once we got the flag out of your central area, we were basically home free. Good games though.

Additionally, this one was extra satisfying:

And how could I not post my first massacre (special thanks to all the Link Gun junkies that made it possible )

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
                  Rand, I think part of the reason you guys were losing is that you were TOO defensive. Half your team was hanging around that overlook where you were, either sniping, spamming the SPMA, or healing you. Midfield was ours most of the round, which meant once we got the flag out of your central area, we were basically home free. Good games though.
                  It wasn't so much folks hanging around me as the number of snipers we had. It was damn hard to get someone to heal my ride for most of those matches, and I can't count how many times I returned the flag myself or watched it just sit there as my guys kept running right past it. Sniper syndrome run amok for the most part. We did an incredibly poor job actually defending anywhere near our flag room. Which is why I was in "my spot" so often--to back up and kill the flag carrier whenever I could.

Our Raptor pilots weren't going after your raptors, and nobody was shooting at it with SR, snipers, or miniguns when it came to our half. Not even those 3-4 guys I sometimes had right next to me. I often just sighed and hopped out myself to pump mini rounds into your raptor after it got too high to Eagle Eye.

And I saw the midfield advantage you had one time when I took the Raptor--four guys up at the top of your quad damage tower. Your team played much better than ours did, and fell into proper roles better than ours.

I'm pretty good on offense, and many was the time where I thought about going after your flag myself, but I was just having too much fun in these rounds getting my timings back. That's not going to be the case from here on out.

-Rand

EDIT: I should add though that many folks on my team and probably yours are new, and I certainly don't begrudge them their fun and play with new devices (lots of people like the Spammer for example). At this stage it's all about fun, who cares about wins and losses? As people learn more about the game, they'll adapt.

Meanwhile, the vet ONS and CTF guys are going to do fairly well.

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

okay - finally screenshots of some eagle eyes:

Comment

WTG BA.

-Rand

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X