Is UT3 dead here ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morituri te salutant...
    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Comment

I think the main issue, and most wont admit it is.
        They expected an updated 2k4 with another game type, but epic did say they where going more ut99ish.
        So i reckon thats the issue, everyone (obviously not everyone) loved how 2k4 played, how it worked, and then when ut3 came out it was like a dulled down game to them.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I don't think that's the issue. UT players only make up 2-3% of the FPS playing public. The issue isn't that it's not getting much of that 3%. The issue is it isn't getting any of the other 97%. They made a game with no mainstream appeal at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy
            I don't think that's the issue. UT players only make up 2-3% of the FPS playing public. The issue isn't that it's not getting much of that 3%. The issue is it isn't getting any of the other 97%. They made a game with no mainstream appeal at all.
            Thats the feeling I'm getting. I think what would have been a better beta release strategy would to have included a Warfare map. That VCTF Suspension Manta-rape-your-face map was really good at discouraging anyone who played Unreal for the first time.
            Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky
              As per gametracker, seems that Cain's is the #1 UT3 server running right now. Not sure what they go by to track though...

http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...113.60.2:7777/
              Gametracker is Beta and buggy. And they only rank against other servers registered with them.
              --Slaughter

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns
                Thats the feeling I'm getting. I think what would have been a better beta release strategy would to have included a Warfare map. That VCTF Suspension Manta-rape-your-face map was really good at discouraging anyone who played Unreal for the first time.
                I'm not sure that would have helped all that much either. War is very similar to vctf in it's gameplay. It just replaces small maps containing slow vehicles camping flag areas while fast vehicles whiz about dragging a flag runner on a board or people going solo on foot with a flag with small maps containing slow vehicles camping node areas while fast vehicles whiz about dragging an orb runner on a board or people going solo on foot with an orb. War is just ons for ctf players. They needed a gametype to hook in the mainstream players and there isn't one.

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter
                  Originally posted by BigTwinky
                  As per gametracker, seems that Cain's is the #1 UT3 server running right now. Not sure what they go by to track though...

http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...113.60.2:7777/
                  Gametracker is Beta and buggy. And they only rank against other servers registered with them.
                  Thanks, for clearing that up for us.

Comment

Almost seems like Epic have split the community up even more. I do wish they would just dump the single player, DM, and CTF. Well whatever happens, It was at least great gaming back here at the Lair.

Comment

With the newest NV 169.17 beta drivers the game has become playable somewhat. Don't own CoD4, don't need scripted games. This is more fun.

Though I remember the good old days {CLR} vs T.32 ....
                      Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

I have had UT3 sitting is the box since the day I got it. I am really having a good time finishing up Bioshock.

But my main problem is it sounds like Warfare is mostly like Onslaught. And all I wanna play is CTF... plain old CTF...
                        [TT]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dCXnCM7.gif[/IMG]

Comment

We are a dying breed brundle us plain old ctf`ers. A man his weapon, his friends and his flags. Those where the good ol days.

btw there was just a update for bioshock encase you didn't know. I don't recall what the pc update has but it should be out by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Premonition
                            We are a dying breed brundle us plain old ctf`ers. A man his weapon, his friends and his flags. Those where the good ol days.

btw there was just a update for bioshock encase you didn't know. I don't recall what the pc update has but it should be out by now.
                            I guess people are tired of CTF...

And no I didn't know Bioshock had an update, I'll check it out...

Thanks

[TT]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dCXnCM7.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X