No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament III = awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah they did add some really bad maps for warfare, tank crossing is a prime example of a shoddy map that should of never saw the light of day.

there are a bunch of maps like that that are indeed pitiful.

but on the other hand, maps like avalanche, floodgate, and downtown are amazingly fun to me. I think they are a good balance between size and node layout.

they designed the maps to be played a certain way, unfortunately for us there a bunch of people baring straight to the nodes instead of branching out.
    but thing is, this game is still young and its going to take a while for other people to figure out the importance of the other nodes (thus there isnt as great as a divide as there should be)

but then again, this is to be expected... i mean theres still some people crouching in the corner trying to pick off people with the enforcer

Also, alot of servers do not have this in their votemap but their are alot of differnt node lay outs for each map, some even including more routes to a persons core.

infact im going to go boot up ut3 right now and see if i can find better node layouts more accustomed to what you guys would like to see. If so i think they should be added to the server if possible.

Comment

avalanche two fronts
      downtown two fronts
      dusk
      floodgate
      power surge

try those and their different versions

also.. torlan has roughly... five? versions

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
        Both sides have good points, but I would (respectfully) say this: don't let love of the game overwhelm the ability to see its flaws. This game is deeply flawed . . .
        I am guilty of loving the game and minimizing the flaws. This first time I played UT2004 it was the beauty of the graphics that hooked me. UT3's graphics are an order of magnitude better and hence I have ignored the flaws. Lately, the flaws are getting to me more and more so in the end I am reluctantly inclined to agree with your assesment.

I really wish more people would play, but recognize that Epic did some things that helped shoot themselves in the foot.
        I'll add my pet peeve: the dedicated server should never have been as hard to set up as it is without patches . . . patches yet to come.

. . . and give us some better maps--including some where airpower actually makes a difference. We're seriously lacking fun air-combat maps.
        As for more maps, I know I am ramping up on the editor but it takes time. A long time . . . Right now as I type, I am rebuilding Torlan in order to test some ideas for a map I am thinking about making from scratch . . . it takes roughly 20+ minutes on my C2Duo Intel 2.4GHz
        Great stuff that editor if you like watching molasses drip in the winter time. lol
        [url=http://profile.xfire.com/nomadicus][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/nomadicus.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I am looking forward to what you make Nomad. For about 2 minutes I had the inclination to fire it up and learn it too but then realized I hardly have time to play let alone venture into something like that. Maybe someday.

Comment

I have to agree with fluffy and rand.

I think the game is midly fun at best..but I dont have that feeling to play for hours on end,and cant wait to come home from work to play , and stay up to late, and be tired at work the next day, cause I cant put the game down, and play ALL weekend, cause I'm addicted to it feeling like I did when i was playing UT2004.

Although the eye candy is nice...the more i play the game the less I think the eye candy is good...the colors in the game arent very good imo
            The Game playablility just doesnt seem right, the vehicles just arent fun imo. especially since you cant scroll the view in/out and go to 1st person view.
            Character movement is too heavy , and no dodge jump just doesnt seem right and the weapons are too powerful and dont aim right, and the speed at which the projectiles fly is too fast.
            Feign death is really kinda useles imo. and the menu system is just abysmal, the list can go on, and I think theres really more flaws than anything thats good with the game.

Most are hoping that the community will save the game.....and i hope thats true. but I really dont think that the ut2004 maps that are great wont save UT3 when they are made by the community. along with other mods.
            I know its supposed to be a different game....but I think thats BS and a cop out. ALL UT GAMES ARE THE SAME. It's just that they should have taken the best aspects of the older games and used them. Maybe add some new stuff to give it a different flair, but what isnt broke ...dont fix. dont totally redesign the game and say "OK here it is...now you the modding community , you go and fix it, and make it how it should be".
            I'm just not going to settle for this mediocre under polished ,under-developed, buggy game

I want to compete again but I dont see it happening anytime soon.....maybe I'm wrong

I know I just started peeking my head back at cains lair, but all my other friends that i know from ut2004...most from competition clans, dont really like the game either.
            I think that how ut2003 was a total disaster ,then they came out with ut2004...and it was a great success.
            Is how i feel UT3 is a disaster, and i hope they just come out with a UT4

I'm not trying to sway anybodies opinion. And I'm not trying to be negative nancy, but this is how I feel and pointing out a few goods dont make the bads disappear.

Comment

I think the game is midly fun at best..but I dont have that feeling to play for hours on end,and cant wait to come home from work to play , and stay up to late, and be tired at work the next day, cause I cant put the game down, and play ALL weekend, cause I'm addicted to it feeling like I did when i was playing UT2004.
              I'm the opposite and totally look forward to playing this game every day but most of my playing time is on weekends so the hours on the projector bulb don't get out of hand. I have no problem w/ how the game plays and pretty much forget all about UT2K4 and really do look at UT3 as a "new" game (well it is in PS3 terms... ).

Personally I love just jumping in and fragging stuff while never having to deal w/ anything related to rank, classes, unlocks, ect. So in my case UT3 provides exactly what I need as a break from those types of games while still being fun.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X