No announcement yet.

VOIP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realize there was VOIP either. Other people on the server today were surprised also. A couple people tried it, it was all choppy, I didn't even bother trying to transmit.

I'm using integrated sound, Realtek ALC888 and I don't have an openal32.dll.

The VOIP thing is really disappointing particularly because the VOIP in 2k4 was so good out of the box. It's one of those things, like the server browser, where it seems like if they had just copied the code straight from 2k4 they would have gotten a better result and saved a lot of money too.

Comment

Two voice programs at once are too annoying (in-game and external). I just want the in-game VOIP. I can live with a terrible server browser--for now. With just 70 Warfare servers it's easy to find Cain's Lair. But VOIP is essential.

I can use TS or Vent, but I find them annoying for various reasons aside from the problem of two voice programs.

-Rand

P.S. I completely disabled in-game VOIP in the Beta Demo after some asshat was being annoying. I'm not quite at that point now just because VOIP works even less now than in the Beta, which says something considering how poor it was/is.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I would prefer that they address the crashing issues first. Meeeeeep!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X