Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Warfare thoughts

Originally posted by Devilguns
    The game play is more free form and abstract. Warefare is definately more chaotic and breaks the ONS lather, rinse, repeat game play.

The game right now definately feels a lot more balanced than traditional ONS as well.

/amen

not only does the orb add a whole new layer of awesome to ons, but also turns nodes into hectic deathwatch arenas

Comment

I'm not a big fan of warfare but hey it may grow on me

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
        Anyone know how to use the Necris Scavenger with any degree of success? This is the one vehicle I haven't quite figured out yet. Seems difficult to turn, and the little "nano" probe thing that floats around it doesn't seem to do much on the few times I've been able to deploy it properly.

-Rand
        Bowling for frags!

LOL, seems quite useless to me except perhaps as a reasonably quick but not so agile transport.

Comment

Warfare =

Comment

First time I went bowling with it, I think I rolled over about 10 folks around the core before getting killed.....fun but really don't know how effective it would except at a spawn point.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfire
              First time I went bowling with it, I think I rolled over about 10 folks around the core before getting killed.....fun but really don't know how effective it would except at a spawn point.
              The few times I've used it, I quickly discovered that Flak rips it apart pretty good. I've had a lot more "success" in discovering that than in how the things actually work.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I couldn't figure out the scavenger either in a couple hours of play earlier today. In the spider mode (as opposed to the rolling mode) what exactly is the primary fire doing? It doesn't seem to hurt anything, but the reticle changes sometimes as though it has "locked on" to something.

Comment

If you train the laser onto a target the little energy ball that follows around you will (eventually) attack the target you have it pointed at. It attacks way too slow but from what I have seen it looks like instant death. Either that or I was attacking people who already were low in health. The jump on that is very high, I got some pancakes with it.
                  Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by randatola
                    I couldn't figure out the scavenger either in a couple hours of play earlier today. In the spider mode (as opposed to the rolling mode) what exactly is the primary fire doing? It doesn't seem to hurt anything, but the reticle changes sometimes as though it has "locked on" to something.
                    (according to the UT3 Strategy Guide)

Scavenger: 200 health
                    Primary Fire: lock on any target (node, vehicle, infantry) w/ orbiting Nanoblack drone (30 dmg/0.2 ROF). Once locked the drone will constantly damage the target as long as you maintain the lock.

Secondary Fire: Retracts legs into rolling (ball) mode. Tap the primary fire to extend tentacles while rolling. If moving fast enough ball mode can cause up to 190 dmg down to a min of 50 dmg (no dmg if it's not moving fast enough). Triggering the ball gives a 2 sec. speed boost w/ recharge time of 2 sec. If done in the air while moving quickly it gains more forward speed.

Special:
                    Can "cling" to surfaces while holding jump while near them.
                    Can heal Nodes (doesn't say how or could be a mis-print).

BTW anyone try putting the Nightshade's EMP, Energy Shield or Spider Mines on vehicles? Except for the Slow Volume the guide states you can do this but I haven't seen anyone mention it yet.

Comment

The Scavenger is a very interesting vehicle. To heal nodes just use the primary lock on mode and the drone will fly and heal the node, and from a pretty good distance I might add. Not as fast as link, but you have unlimited ammo. Haven't been able to get it to cling to surfaces yet. Holding jump isn't working, but I did manage somehow to rocket it over the AVRiL tower in Avalanche, now that's some major distance. Speaking of Avalanche has anyone else use the demo charge to cause an avalanche that destroys the primary node if the enemy has it or anything else that is in its path.

Comment

Played last night myself...
                        I am indeed cannon fodder

No VOIP, no squads, just a lot of random 1v1's and general
                        frag fest. Not normally what I like to play really.
                        Yes, there is an objective, but it isn't coordinated, just everyone
                        heads that way.

It IS an adrenaline boost, but I don't last long enough to enjoy playing
                        on it yet. You will see me at the bottom of the scores.

I suppose I was this bad when I started 2142, just don't remember it
                        being that way ALL the time.

You Ex ONS and UT's have a tremendous edge. Want an easy kill, just
                        look for D&G...

I might come to love it, just not yet.
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Loved the squad play as well.
                          Everything in ut3 seems so unorganized to me.
                          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X