Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
    Originally posted by Slaughter
    When you join a server it puts it in History. When you go to the History view you can select one and click on Add to Favorites (or some similar verbiage).
    This is not the most effective of things they could have done. Who's running their UI team, a couple of chimps?

-Rand
    Probably just one chimp.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
      Probably just one chimp.
      Let me guess: His name is Alpha Chimp?
      Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

anyone know the target release date for this patch?

also, is it still in closed beta?

Comment

It's still a private beta. So I'm not allowed to post a download link.

Realease date: When it's done... like the main game...

For me, the main issues aren't fixed with the patch, you can see a list here:
          http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590466
          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

wow what a mess, im glad im not experiencing any of those problems

is it just me or was more teams promised for the ut3 release?

for example, i thought thunder crash, Juggernauts, and The Corrupt were suppose to be in the final version. also it would of been nice to see a return for Black Legion (MISSSTER CROW!)

oh well :P i guess we'll have to wait for another ut2004 expansion pack to finally see a polished game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
              Originally posted by Slaughter
              When you join a server it puts it in History. When you go to the History view you can select one and click on Add to Favorites (or some similar verbiage).
              This is not the most effective of things they could have done. Who's running their UI team, a couple of chimps?

-Rand
              Efficiency in the UI is certainly lacking. I've not seen any kind of pop-up window at all. Who knows why that ability either hasn't been built or won't be due to some console limitation. Hence, no easy method like right-click and add to favorites.
              --Slaughter

Comment

I honestly haven't seen a huge difference from beta2 to beta3...

I hope the final has a few additional fixes...

Comment

From what I saw on the changelist, there wasn't much new in the Beta3 patch and what was new were little things. To me that suggests they are getting close to releasing it.
                  Changelist: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590487

Unfortunately nothing I saw in the combined Beta1/2/3 changelists suggest they fixed VOIP, which to me is probably the biggest disappointment in the game. I think it really hurts the uptake of the game when people are playing on a team but can't coordinate anything.

It's especially disappointing because, like the server browser and UI, it worked so wonderfully right out of the box back in March 2004. If they had just copied that code into UT3 they would have had a faster, cheaper, better solution.

No doubt that solution would have been incompatible with PS3 and 360 though, so here we are.

Comment

beta 4 is here:
                    - Fixed demo playback not working if the PlayerController didn't get recorded into the first frame
                    - Added new IdleServerTickRate property to IpDrv.TcpNetDriver. If not set, IdleServerTickRate defaults to MaxTickRate. Can be set to lower values to reduce server CPU utilization when 0 players. Reported ping will increase if
                    set lower.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X