No announcement yet.

system requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't say i've heard of a 6800GTO before.

Comment

I just copy pasted it from my order email. Haven't followed the new graphic cards, what would be a good card to get (if you didn't want to spend a fortune). Maybe I should just order a new computer all together.

Comment

Bottom end i would say is around a Ati 1950pro which are pretty cheap these days. Next up would be Ati HD3870XT which are roughly twice the price of a 1950pro. However for just a little more you can pick up a 8800GT. This is the best bang for buck card going right now. As i guess, with me being across the pond, i would say it'll be around $270.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
          Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
          Word of caution: watch your temps. After a very long time of play (most of 7 hours yesterday ), I started experiencing significant graphics glitches. I think they were heat related. I didn't get a temp reading at full load, but shortly after disconnecting I brought up NTune and my GPU was running about 10 degrees C higher than rest as it was cooling down.

I certainly don't expect any more truly epic (no pun intended) sessions of that length anymore on my end, and I was fine for the first 6 hours or more, but it's something to look out for.

-Rand
          Why are you using the buggy piece of junk, also known as ntune? Grab rivatuner and let it log stats in the background. When you exit the game Rivatuner will display, iirc, the last 60 seconds of data.

My 8800 is ready to go. Currently idling at a whopping 51c, and full load not even breaking 65c.
          Thanks for the tip!

I was wondering how I could see my card temp while in-game.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X