No announcement yet.

Pairo update = epic fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, the only thing I think they overdid it with was the +50 health to the pyro with the backburner (I agree with Kenshin ). Everything else fits well with their class and compliments the other classes well.

Of course we see more pyros than before the update, but that's par for the course. Since both teams are more laden with pyros, you're naturally going to see fewer of the pyro's main counters: Heavies and Soldiers. Once the novelty wears off, I think you'll see the balance slowly restored.

Comment

If there is one thing unique about TF2, it is how dramatic the difference is between each class's strengths and weaknesses. Each class has situations where they will dominate and others where they will be dead in an instant. The pyro is the lead class for close combat. Obviously his primary weapon is going to be far superior at close range. Granted, the flare gun gives the pyro some added range, but if you really want to kill a pyro, it is not hard with the proper class.

Originally posted by paceman View Post
      I don't understand this "no one played pyro". I had more time as pyro than my next 2 classes combined. Pyro was/is great fun. I know a lot of people that were playing pyro before the update. Yo Sirex!
      The pyro was the second least played class (medic being the at the bottom). Obviously there are going to be people who play these classes primarily, but the fact remains, most do not.

Comment

The pyro

I love the new pyro, brought me back to the game.

About the range, though: from what I've read (and played personally), the range of the flame is still the same, they've just reduced the falloff damage. Previously, the farther out from the nozzle, the less damage it did, reaching a minimum of 50%, if I've read correctly. This means it's as effective at the max range as it is at the min, giving the pyro the actual ability to dominate in close range.

The pyro is still laughably ineffective at killing anything outside of his little cone of death, but once you're in range, prepare to be burnt.

Comment

another complaint lol

Backburner is brutal on me as a medic. Pyro runs behind my heal target, clicks for about half a second, BAM I'm a charred corpse

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Naillik View Post
            another complaint lol

Backburner is brutal on me as a medic. Pyro runs behind my heal target, clicks for about half a second, BAM I'm a charred corpse
            Better communication and a more aware heal target = problem solved

I actually like all these pyros running around....they're easier to mow down playing as a heavy than soldiers or other heavies

......eeeexcept when they're ubered

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire View Post
              Better communication and a more aware heal target = problem solved

I actually like all these pyros running around....they're easier to mow down playing as a heavy than soldiers or other heavies

......eeeexcept when they're ubered
              heavies are slow.

Comment

heavies are slow.
                They're tanks... when they've got a good medic, they can pretty much bull through anything within medium-short range. Especially with uber.

however, effectiveness is based on communication... if you and the medic/heavy arent talking, they get taken down easily by spies and apparently by the newfangled pyro.

Comment

Originally posted by xGoblin013x View Post
                  They're tanks... when they've got a good medic, they can pretty much bull through anything within medium-short range. Especially with uber.

however, effectiveness is based on communication... if you and the medic/heavy arent talking, they get taken down easily by spies and apparently by the newfangled pyro.
                  I mean they can't turn and kill a pyro attacking the medic fast enough to save the medic unless the medic is ubered
                  +500 on the communication though. When I play spy (2nd most played for me) I will go back about mid way, elimenate snipers, disguise, and stab all medics/sap all sentries, then immediately go about stabbing people in order of importance, heavies are my #1 target.

Also as a medic, when you and your heavy both talk to each other, the results are unstopable

Comment

the pyro is SOOO OP its unbelievable..they keep sniping me with their uber flare guns its simply too much they MUST BE NERFED!!!

Comment

Move around a bit more. And even if they do hit you it'll take a couple full burns to kill you.

Comment

I mean they can't turn and kill a pyro attacking the medic fast enough to save the medic unless the medic is ubered
                        +500 on the communication though. When I play spy (2nd most played for me) I will go back about mid way, elimenate snipers, disguise, and stab all medics/sap all sentries, then immediately go about stabbing people in order of importance, heavies are my #1 target.

Also as a medic, when you and your heavy both talk to each other, the results are unstopable
                        Truth on both counts....Heavy/Medics who don't talk are easy prey, and those that do are momentum-swinging vortexes of never-ending pain for the other team. I like falling more into the second category

YATATATATATATA....KaaahBOOM....KaaahBOOM

Also, the flare gun is little more than an annoyance tool in most situations. If you find yourself dying to it consistently, KR is right, time to move around a bit more

Comment

Well, they put some falloff damage back on the pyro. Proof that if enough people whine about it, they'll change it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X