Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple more I will add for Medic that really sunk in last night.

Communication. - Tell someone before you start the Uber. I don't know how many times I have been on the receiving end of an Uber and was not ready. As demo man and soldier I've been reloading, wasting valuable time. I've been ubered (?) while running away. As Heavy I've been Ubered when I was still a LONG ways away from the action. By the time we got to any thing the Uber was over.

If you're a medic and are about to die, better to use it than lose it. But timing is key!!! Think!!!

Last night was a pathetic display of how not to play medic. Medics healing one person at the expense of all others. I stood beside a couple of medics, hopping up and down, yelling medic over and over and getting no love. I got ubered multiple times when I could not do anything with it.
    A change of Pace.
    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Alright im in the making for a spy and demo one will have it up once im ready. Only two classes i realy know from my tf2 tourny days.

Comment

This was so good it must be required viewing for any Pyro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwLfGunep2Q
        A change of Pace.

Comment

Nice...Pyro compression blast is the best part about being a pyro...I've learned a lot about it and love using it to make enemies waste their ubers.

The only thing that vid didn't cover is extinguishing your teammates who are on fire with the blast.
          Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
          -Albert Einstein

Comment

lol the airblast is so overpowered :P why does so many pyros use the backburner

Comment

I used the backburner when it was first available to me. But, the airblast is much more useful and I quickly switched back.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                I used the backburner when it was first available to me. But, the airblast is much more useful and I quickly switched back.
                Apache
                Agreed. I think I used the backburner for two maps once I found it but switched back.
                [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

The backburner was one of my first drops when I started tf2...so I equipped it right away thinking how awesome I'd be with my brandy-new weapon! Had no clue there even was a compression blast until someone enlightened me. Now I only use normal flamethrower.
                  -Albert Einstein

Comment

My timing on blowing away rockets still needs work. But being able to blow targets off of a capture point is HUGE.
                    A change of Pace.

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                      My timing on blowing away rockets still needs work. But being able to blow targets off of a capture point is HUGE.
                      I'm with you there bro...I'm almost always either too early or too late to "return to sender". I did figure out you can't blow back the flares from a pyro today though...but I didn't realize (until recently) that you can blow back arrows and other larger projectiles (just not bullets and flares).

The most satisfaction I get from compression blasting is blowing 4+ people off of a point hahaha.
                      -Albert Einstein

Comment

I like to blast them into the air, so high, you can barely see them. I keep blasting them up until their uber disappears. Then I let them fall to their death.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

as pyro: when u see a demo with the targe. he might get 50% fire damage reduction but the axtinguisher does 100% when his ignited.

Comment

Originally posted by Roffe View Post
                            as pyro: when u see a demo with the targe. he might get 50% fire damage reduction but the axtinguisher does 100% when his ignited.
                            compression blast is great in this situation too especially if they have the eyelander with that huge range compared too other melee weapons.
                            set them on fire blast them back rinse repeat. (you cant blast them while they are in "charge mode" only after they have charged)

Comment

MEDICS! If a demo has stickies and says uber me... you have a 95% chance of taking out 2 sentries at the same time. It is almost always a better option to take in a demo than a pyro when it comes to multiple sentries.

Also, if a demoman says to you "Hey, keep on me i'll hurt myself and help you build that uber real fast"... then you just might want to do that because there is only one other class that can hurt themselves on purpose and help you get an uber faster.
                              [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

oopppsss doublepost srryyy

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X