• Show
Clear All

Scripting help request...

Ok, so here's what I have currently...

namecfg.cfg:
    setinfo name "{CLR} Heceldi"

autoexec.cfg:
    bind "F12" "exec namecfg"

Is there any way to add a modicum of logic so that its executed on all map starts? Simply putting it to occur by calling the exec in autoexec doesn't work. It has to occur after connect, and again on map change.

I don't want to change my steam nick, I've had it without a tag forever.

if you put in your config.cfg it will run each map, your binds are reset on map change etc

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Doesn't your TF2 name always match whatever you have your Steam Friends name set to?
      Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Originally posted by ch33s3r View Post
        Doesn't your TF2 name always match whatever you have your Steam Friends name set to?
        I believe so, yes
        [CENTER]
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[url="http://www.gametracker.com/server/67.222.138.115:19567/player/Queen%20B%20%7BCLR%7D/" target="_blank"][IMG]http://cache.www.gametracker.com/player/Queen%20B%20%7BCLR%7D/67.222.138.115:19567/b_560x95.png[/IMG][/URL]

[u]Cain's Lair[/u]
        [I]"You'll come for the games, but you'll stay for the people"[/I]
        (at least I did)

Want to know how to become a {CLR}?
        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/showthread.php?t=2021"][b]click here![/b][/URL]

Donate [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"][b]here[/b][/URL]

[b][u][URL="http://beatrizyumi.deviantart.com"]My DeviantArt page[/URL][/b][/u]
        [/CENTER]

Comment

No, it can be different.

The console command is this:
          Code:
          setinfo name "WHATEVER YOU WANT"
          You can skip the " marks if you don't want spaces, so this could also work:
          Code:
          setinfo name WHATEVERYOUWANT
          Like I mentioned in the previous post, it always starts out their real name, but it can be changed once connected.

Regardless, using the console command status shows the Steam ID associated with the name, which can be used to lookup their real steam name.

Comment

Cool. So did Sirex's advice help?

Comment

Nope, due to steam cloud the config.cfg is overwritten on connect. I have to put custom stuff in autoexec.cfg. Again, same problem, does not work with setinfo name, as it only works after fully connected.

Comment

What about putting the setinfo command in all of your class configs? (scout, spy, etc) Each time you choose a class, wouldn't it set your name to what you specify? Assuming you set all of those names to the same thing, it should only change once per map.

Comment

That worked.

Time to get to playing (though I'm half blind atm... blinked while reading some stuff a bit ago and a contact fell out, and hit the floor... I ran over it with the chair wheel when I went to look for it).

Comment

Originally posted by Heceldi View Post
                    That worked.

Time to get to playing (though I'm half blind atm... blinked while reading some stuff a bit ago and a contact fell out, and hit the floor... I ran over it with the chair wheel when I went to look for it).
                    Bummer !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Heceldi View Post
                      That worked.

that it worked, about the contact

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X