Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Morning

Some notable changes today.

Ignore Bonus Round Stats - I found that setting finally.

With death you only lose 1/4 points max the killer gains

We have been around now long enough we should be able to stay busier for longer periods. I hate seeing a server only busy for a few hours then sitting 0/32 for most of the day.

With that in mind I'm going to try several things to see if we can stay busier longer, primarily make it through the night without going completely empty.

I'm considering trying this, but I need to research it further, first.

HLX Autoteambalance -- I have no idea how this works, but it is supposed to analyze teams by numbers and by hlx skill and balance them to make a fairer game. I have no idea how it works, or how often it shuffles the teams or switches players. Plugins like teamscramble are just random team scramblers so often the teams can get more imbalanced.

My concern here is folks will get so annoyed by constantly being jerked from one team to the other that it will outweigh the annoyance of being on a losing team.

Personally I'd rather lose with my friends than be switched to the other team. Also, nothing is better than losing the first part of a round then making a big comeback at the end and winning the map.

Though I am completely against team scramble for the reasons you stated Cain, I think a plugin that uses a stats-based algorithm to determine who gets switched MIGHT not be so bad. However, would HLX be constantly looking for players to switch or would it only switch when a team was dominating the other team? Meaning would it check for possible switching every 5 minutes or just at the end of each round? I can imagine it might get annoying a lot more quickly if you end up getting switched every other round.

I'm not particularly fond of the idea of automatic team-switching either, but I do think teams getting dominated is hurting our player count. I think we should try it out and see how it goes. If it ends up doing more harm than good we can always turn it back off.
    Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

I've seen it elsewhere. It senses an imbalance, states that as such with a server message. If a team is getting rolled 4-0 or something with a massive K imbalance, etc etc it scrambles the teams.

I won't name the group of servers, but the busiest of the busiest currently does use this plug-in right now.

While I don't love the plug in, TF2 players are fickle b/c of how easy it is to get in, get out in this game. I see a goldrush go 7-1 on a rotation at 32/32 and next map it's 22/32... It's an option I suppose.

Comment

I should add, it makes the scramble at the end of a round only I believe, not mid round.

Comment

There's some great games going on right now so get in there! I just got burned by Cain () but I got my revenge
          Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

I checked the server site and it said 32/32 ... thought the updater was wrong. That's awesome that it's already full!

Comment

Great games right now at 9:50 AM folks, hop in !!

Comment

Working.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

ruh roh Cain!

Comment

Lol!! Gj !!

Comment

wow, i just got back from class and saw the server is full. Thats awesome! Usually im tryin to jump-start the server this time of day.

Comment

Tracking 16,424 players (+257 new players last 24h) with 1,652,930 kills (+22,161 last 24h) and 122,082 headshots (7.39%) on 1 servers

Comment

Originally posted by linemanstud View Post
                          wow, i just got back from class and saw the server is full. Thats awesome! Usually im tryin to jump-start the server this time of day.
                          And that is most appreciated by me !!

Comment

I also made some other subtle tweaks that I think are really helping us, but we will see....

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X