Stats suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats suggestion

While I'm not a huge fan of newbies taking 25 points from me yet I only earn 13 when destroying a sentry, dispenser, teleport, and kill 4 people, but that's not what this post is about. :P

At the end of the round, the losing team is always left defenseless and able to be killed by the winning team. I think stats should be disabled, if possible, during this time period. If disabled prior to round start could happen as well, that would rock.

Just my two sense.

Good feedback, I can simply shorten the Bonus round.

Comment

I'd actually vote for a longer bonus period, because there are achievements related to kills after a win.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

He hits on 2 good points. 1, I think the bonus time is too short as it is, but you can set HLStats to stop recording once the round ends.

Also, at the beginning of badwater, during the "waiting for players" time people all just go engineer, b/c you can start a build for Tele Entrance, Exit, Dispenser and Sentry and get all the points for it before you even start the round.

A bit lame.

Comment

Originally posted by LAMONT View Post
          Also, at the beginning of badwater, during the "waiting for players" time people all just go engineer, b/c you can start a build for Tele Entrance, Exit, Dispenser and Sentry and get all the points for it before you even start the round.

A bit lame.
          That is lame. I always wondered why there were a bunch of engi's throwing down builds.
          [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
          <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

When My team won, especially if you died to help finish the cart push, you usually just don't have any time to get to the other teams spawn to kill anyone. That holds true even if you lived. I rarely can find anyone to kill before the round ends.

On the other hand, the teams i was on lost so much Monday and Tuesday, that i dropped from rank 76 to 82. So I'm not adverse to the short Bonus part.
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
              I'd actually vote for a longer bonus period, because there are achievements related to kills after a win.

-Rand
              same here.
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

if you notice though, the points that you get during the bonus round are only 1 or 2 plus another 1 for a critical kill, so its not like it makes that huge of a difference in rank.

Comment

Is there a way to set the Bonus round to record stats, but not take points away, making it truly -gasp- Bonus.

Example:
                  [The]Grok is on the BLU Team.
                  {CLR} ObiTroy is on the RED Team.

By a miracle of toast, RED wins and enters bonus round.
                  When RED kills a BLU player, RED gets points, but BLU player does not lose any.

Comment

Originally posted by [The]Grok View Post
                    By a miracle of toast, RED wins and enters bonus round.
                    When RED kills a BLU player, RED gets points, but BLU player does not lose any.
                    Here Here! This solution gets my vote.

Comment

No dont stop hlx stats if your smart you can avoid the people and if you get rid of the free points i would probably be losing points every round

Comment

I agree with many above. The bonus round needs to be a lot longer for achievements yet free of stats.
                        [hlx]

Comment

I've seen a LOT of servers that have it extended, and hlx is disabled during the post-win bonus round.

I do prefer Grok's idea though... give +points as normal, but disable point loss during the bonus to make it a true 'bonus'.

Side note, another thing I've seen as an ala carte idea, allow monetary contributors to have invulnerability during bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Heceldi View Post
                            I've seen a LOT of servers that have it extended, and hlx is disabled during the post-win bonus round.

I do prefer Grok's idea though... give +points as normal, but disable point loss during the bonus to make it a true 'bonus'.

Side note, another thing I've seen as an ala carte idea, allow monetary contributors to have invulnerability during bonus.
                            i personally dont like the idea of the monetary for invuln but if it is a good way to help fund the server then i guess im impartial to that, i personally would highly favor groks idea with the +point to winner but no effect on loser if that is possible that is

Comment

I'll check to see if there is a setting to disable HLX during the Bonus round. If there is I'll extend the Bonus Round.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X