Proposing new Payload maps!! Deadwood and Swiftwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proposing new Payload maps!! Deadwood and Swiftwater

Payload is probably my favorite game type. I recently played on another server and these two maps were alot of fun. We should definitely give them a shot! They are a nice change of pace and VERY well done. Deadwood is definitely my favorite. All classes are useful.

Deadwood:
    FPSBANANA > Maps > TF2 > Payload > pl_deadwood

Swiftwater:
    FPSBANANA > Maps > TF2 > Payload > pl_swiftwater
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EB3KsHzrq8

Maybe work them into the rotation where you play offense once, then defense, then onto goldrush / badwater regular maps that everyone likes.

Anyone who has played these and enjoys them please chime in

I'll check them out.

Swiftwater is appealing because it is only 9 megs....

We might just pop in into the rotation and see how it does for us.

Comment

Swiftwater looks cool. I can't believe that spy stayed alive so long.
      [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
      <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

eh ive tried swiftwater, and personally to be honest i kinda didnt like it. my vote would be for gravelpit or steel. i think steel might be a nice addition :]

Comment

id like to see pl_frontier

Comment

Lets give Deadwood a shot!!

Comment

The file is too big. Custom maps empty a server badly enough but one that large will guarantee to empty us out, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Roffe View Post
                id like to see pl_frontier
                agreed

Comment

Where do I find frontier to check it out ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                    Where do I find frontier to check it out ?

or youtube....

Comment

pl_frontier: FPSBANANA > Maps > TF2 > Payload > pl_frontier

Out of curiosity, how about adding the custom maps, and turning download off? Alternate hosting for maps?

Comment

We do redirect when theres custom maps, we use a low footprint server for it, so it able to handle the requests.

The issues with customs is,
                        if the map is not defacto like a lot of the CBP maps or crossfile, nevermore, desertsands for ut2004 were
                        People leave cos they don't have the file and dont want it.

If its too big, people dont want it.

Best game i've seen for custom map sizes etc, has been ut2004

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I think if it's primetime and you switch to a custom map the server will stay busy as the regulars will stay on. Putting it in the regular rotation would guarantee the server empties out many times a day though.

Comment

We need something other than Gold Rush, Badwater, the occasional Hoodoo, and Dustbowl. The same maps all the time are getting quite tiresome, at least for me.
                            [hlx]

Comment

The question is how many of you will be willing to commit to sitting in an empty server for hours trying to get it going ??

I will consider hosting a second server for custom maps, but we will need people willing to sit in there for hours at a time to get it started.

When our server was sitting empty 20+ of the 24 hours in a day many of you would ignore my Steam requests to join our empty server, yet I saw you playing in other TF2 servers that were busy.

For me, Goldrush 24/7 with 32 players is more fun than a custom map with 2 players.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X