Tgif!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tgif!!

When I was doing server maintenance this AM I noticed a small update from last night:

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

Added 3 new hats that can be worn by any class.
    - "Towering Pillar of Hats"
    - "Noble Amassment of Hats"
    - "Modest Pile of Hat"
    Added Propaganda contest winners' hats for First Place, First Runner-up, and Second Runner-up.
    Added "Edit Loadout" button to the class menu.
    Changed the main menu background to randomly use the Red, Blue, and Soldier/Demo background images.
    Fixed Snipers being able to shoot enemies through gates.
    Fixed Linux servers not properly reconnecting to Steam when they lose their connection.
    Fixed stickies being destructible before they're stuck to something.
    Fixed the return progress bar above a dropped flag not animating if the return time on the flag is less than 30 seconds.
    Fixed the CTF HUD not properly handling flags being disabled/enabled during the round.
    Fixed player health panels sometimes using the wrong animations for buffed or low health values.
    Updated the net_showevents convar to be marked as a cheat.
    Updated the main menu news buttons to direct players to the most recent TF2 update and the TF2 blog.
    Updated Italian localization strings.
    Updated the custom TF2 fonts with Polish characters.
    Updated CP_Gorge.
    - Added more cover outside of the initial BLU spawn area.
    - Added a forward spawn for the BLU team after Cap1 is captured.
    - Added another access point to the upper level from the front of the RED base
    - Added more cover in the room just before Cap2.
    - Decreased RED team's respawn time while they own Cap1.
    - Fixed a few areas where players would sometimes become stuck.

Community requests:
    Added new options for the Invade CTF game mode flag. Default is 1.
    - 0 : No neutral time
    - 1 : Flag goes neutral in 30 seconds (current behavior)
    - 2 : Flag goes neutral in 1/2 the return time
    Added scoring choice for the Invade CTF game mode. Default is 0.
    - 0 : Increment score (current behavior)
    - 1 : Increment capture count
    Added new inputs to item_teamflag
    - ForceDrop : Force the flag to be dropped if it's being carried by a player.
    - ForceReset : Force the flag to be dropped if it's being carried by a player, then reset the flag to its original location.
    - SetReturnTime : Set the length of time (in seconds) before a dropped flag returns to base.
    Added new output to item_teamflag
    - OnTouchSameTeam : Sent when the flag is touched by a player on the same team.

Jason

More hats? I still only have like 3 that have dropped for me.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I only have one. My game updated last night before I joined The Lair. That is another thing I like about Steam, I was able to play on the server even though it was not updated.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
        More hats? I still only have like 3 that have dropped for me.

-Rand
        I only have the one gibous hat, or whatever it is called. I really, really want the rubber glove pyro hat.
        [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
        <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
          I only have the one gibous hat, or whatever it is called. I really, really want the rubber glove pyro hat.
          Gastly Gibbus or whatever it's called...that's all I have too.

I would love to have the rubber glove hat AND find the force-a-nature...those items elude me.
          Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
          -Albert Einstein

Comment

I think they put some chicken bones on it in a recent update too.
            [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]

Comment

I have 3 hats.

The beanie hat for pyro, Ghastly gibus (i think thats the name) and the cheaters lament halo.

I also really want the rubber glove hat for the pyro.
              Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Fixed stickies being destructible before they're stuck to something.
                Too bad...was fun killing those in mid-air as a heavy...didn't realize this was a bug.
                -Albert Einstein

Comment

Comment

I think those threw new hats are for the poster contest winners
                    [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

The contest winners get those hats with 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place ribbons attached...all others can get them without ribbons.
                      -Albert Einstein

Comment

Are the hats a random drop no matter which class you play? Or do you have to be playing the actual pyro class to get the rubber glove hat..

I believe I only have a top hat.
                        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

The hats are totally random like everything else. I got the Demo fro, Spy billycock, and Heavy football helmet thing as a random drops. I crafted with the refined metal to get a random one and got the Medic vintage tyrolean. Here's a cool backpack list online that shows what you have.

I asked about that sniper gate shoot fix yesterday on the server. Someone said they though they fixed it, so I tried to shoot a heavy in the legs to see if it was fixed, but a medic jumped in front of the bullet and died. I apologized, and hopefully it's fixed for real this time.

Comment

Ah...crafting. I have no clue what it is or how it works, but I believe it was in a recent release, right?

And Chriffer, you were such a pain last night. Just thought I'd mention that
                            [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Chriffer! Welcome!

[img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X