X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday

Yo...

Really fun games last night guys.

I hadn't been on the server in a long time, since late 2009, and was great to get out there and just kick back and torch people.

Probably on again tonight for an hour or so around 8-10pm
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Last night seemed like really hard work to keep the server going. Joined with less then 20 people in the server and it took close to an hour to fill 'er up.

There wasn't many CLR's around though so i hope to see more of you tonight.

Comment

LAst night I played Pyro and I was on fire. It is so much fun to jump into 8 to 10 enemies, set them on fire and as you die, watch them run screaming for momma.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The problem with the jump into a pile of enemies, as fun as it is, is that you probably won't kill any of them as you die too quickly. Although you will create some general panic and chaos and they will go in random directions to get away from you. Great to use that in conjunction with a spy taking out some stuff or to just slow down a card push.

As for the lack of CLRs and players in general, wasn't there a game launch last night? Mass Effect or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
            LAst night I played Pyro and I was on fire. It is so much fun to jump into 8 to 10 enemies, set them on fire and as you die, watch them run screaming for momma.
            Apache
            +1

Also, it's great after you set a bunch of folks on fire then get killed... then as you are waiting to spawn you see several kills/kill assists scroll by.
            [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
            <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Can anyone come out an play? Me and Oldalien are awful lonely... .
              [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                Apache
                Use that backburner when you get behind them with it you can kill a whole group !!

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                  The problem with the jump into a pile of enemies, as fun as it is, is that you probably won't kill any of them as you die too quickly. Although you will create some general panic and chaos and they will go in random directions to get away from you. Great to use that in conjunction with a spy taking out some stuff or to just slow down a card push.

As for the lack of CLRs and players in general, wasn't there a game launch last night? Mass Effect or something like that?
                  Yeah, Mass Effect 2 came out. Of my friends list about 75% were playing the game yesterday, myself included.
                  Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                    Use that backburner when you get behind them with it you can kill a whole group !!

I'm actually liking the standard pyro gun, mainly for the secondary fire. Nothing like getting a triple kill by throwing back an enemy soldier's rocket and a demoman's nades.

Comment

Ain't coming... going to a scout meeting

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                        I'm actually liking the standard pyro gun, mainly for the secondary fire. Nothing like getting a triple kill by throwing back an enemy soldier's rocket and a demoman's nades.
                        And you can keep Ubers at bay too.

Great to use that in conjunction with a spy taking out some stuff or to just slow down a card push.
                        It also works great on offense when you are trying to push the cart onto the last point. I did that twice last night as my team was pushing for the win. It might not win you the game but it eases the pressure on the offense quite a bit.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Yeah, Mass Effect 2 came out, and if there weren't so many AAA titles so close to a vacation I'm taking, I would have been part of that 75% playing it last night. Instead, I got into the server, helped get it to 32/32, and made many teleporters to support my team.

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I had 2nd job last night, but free tonight.

Yep, i had backburner for the longest, but the standard
                            flamethrower gives you so much more as a team player.

It is FUN to knock the Uber Medic through the air, losing his/her Uber lock on the attacker. And you can get into a group, hit your
                            knock-back, and watch 3-4 toons get punted. Fun Times.

Plus, I extinguished several fires on players Monday night.
                            you don't seem to get any credit for it, other than knowing you put someone back into the fight, and not running madly for a health icon before the fire eats them dead.
                            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I agree the regular flamethrower is much more useful.

And you do get credit/points for putting teammates out (at least in hlx, not sure about in game points).

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X