Eyelander? How to play it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eyelander? How to play it?

OK guys, I finally got the Eyelander to drop.
    I've BEEN killed a hundred times with them over time.

ME, I'm as likely to run straight into a wall on charge. Or just have standard gear, hit them with the sword, here a clang, then get burnt up, Shot full of holes, or Exploded into little pieces. i.e. (There is your hand, THERE is your head, THERE is your leg) lol

Any advice from you uber guys would be great.

Otherwise, might just go back to using using Scottish Resistance rather than the Chargin Targe, and keep the eyelander around for show and tell.
    ??Click me to donate??

In my experience, once you get a kill or 2 with it (in the same life) it becomes easier to kill more people because of the increased max health and speed you get from those kills. For your first or second kill, you probably don't want to charge into a group of 3 more people (unless they don't see you coming). But you definitely want to make sure you CHARGE before attacking. It takes some practice to get the timing of your swing and the distance you can charge. Remember the further you charge, the more powerful your swing becomes. A good initial target is a sniper. Once you're close to them it won't be easy for them to kill you, but it WILL be easy for you to kill them so long as they don't have backup.

After you get a few kills, you'll be running at around the same speed as a scout and have more health than a soldier, so you can charge in for a quick attack and get back out before they can kill you. I gotta admit when I'm at this stage I feel somewhat invincible. It's an awesome feeling lol.

As far as charging into walls, you definitely want to make sure you have a clear line to your target before right-clicking lol Obviously, they probably aren't going to be standing still if they see you coming, so your best bet is to either back off and wait until you have a teammate or two to distract them or just charge in and hope they line up into your charge and start flailing your sword around hoping to hit them until they die.
    Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

You have to get people when they are not ready. And remember you can turn as you swing, so the person does not really have to be in front of you. Good situations are when people are hiding behind something or when coming around a corner. Then you can get fully charged and they don't know you are coming. I have killed many people pushing the cart as they hide from the bullets.

I tend not to use it unless I can get a charge because it cannot crit. Also my connection is somewhat off so I get killed by a bottle, but at the same time when I swing I am not making contact.

But the main reason I use the Targe is the resistance to explosions and fire. I survive way longer with it against the most most annoying classes(soldiers and pyros)
      Motivate

Comment

Bigest thing is Aim for scouts, snipers and other low health classes, also shoot in some pipe bombs first to weaken a crowd(this requires skill with a pipe bomb), weakening them first is easily the best method that way its only 1-2 swings for a kill.

Comment

get medic backup

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X