awful fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awful fps

my compys specs ARE outdated, I know... but it just seems like I got better performance with... an older video card?

I've a c2d @ 1.8ghz. 2gigs of ram, and a BFG 8600 512mb.

I had a 7600gt 256 before, and, TF2 DIDN'T drop to like... 5fps during fire fights. It's a miracle I even hit people when sniping.

I've tried several different drivers, but hell, I'll update again.

IDEAS?

my settings don't have aa or anything, lol. pretty much everything is either medium or low.

From what I remember, the 7600gt was the same speed or faster than a 8600gt. I don't know if a vanilla 8600 was made but if that is what you have then you actually downgraded pretty significantly.

The 7600gt was a beast of a card.
    Motivate

Comment

Originally posted by Furryappleseed View Post
      From what I remember, the 7600gt was the same speed or faster than a 8600gt. I don't know if a vanilla 8600 was made but if that is what you have then you actually downgraded pretty significantly.

The 7600gt was a beast of a card.
      Yeah, it was a 7600gt xxx edition. it's deaddeaddead now though.

Comment

Having issues with your fps? Check out this thread that provides you with a config to increase your fps in game.

GotFrag eSports - Forums - Team Fortress 2 Discussion - My FPS config

You can modify the settings listed to your playing desire as I have. I have gotten about a 40fps increase since using this config.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindOldMan View Post
          Having issues with your fps? Check out this thread that provides you with a config to increase your fps in game.

GotFrag eSports - Forums - Team Fortress 2 Discussion - My FPS config

You can modify the settings listed to your playing desire as I have. I have gotten about a 40fps increase since using this config.
          thanks i'll check this out.

Comment

You have to remember that when tweaking configs all you're basically doing is removing details and textures. The only true way to get more power is to buy a more powerful card.

Even overclocking only gives very small performance boosts.

Something from ATI's last Gen might be of use to you Glass. Maybe a HD4850 if you can find one.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
              You have to remember that when tweaking configs all you're basically doing is removing details and textures. The only true way to get more power is to buy a more powerful card.

Even overclocking only gives very small performance boosts.

Something from ATI's last Gen might be of use to you Glass. Maybe a HD4850 if you can find one.

I've got a friend who's trying to unload a 4850x2. i've got a 550w ps though, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by glasscasket View Post
                I've got a friend who's trying to unload a 4850x2. i've got a 550w ps though, lol.
                Is it a good 550W PSU? If so it'll be enough.

Comment

Still using an Nvidia 8800GT from a couple of years ago. All my games, even brand new ones, still run great. Love that card.
                  [hlx]

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Tighlon View Post
                    Still using an Nvidia 8800GT from a couple of years ago. All my games, even brand new ones, still run great. Love that card.
                    Lol, i'm running on a 8800GTS (640mb) and still have everything turned wayyyy up. Those 8800's will just go and go and go!
                    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}geneSW View Post
                      Lol, i'm running on a 8800GTS (640mb) and still have everything turned wayyyy up. Those 8800's will just go and go and go!
                      ohhh, good ol' 8800's. mine would be awesome (though, the 320 model) if i didn't bust one of the capacitors off putting that huge thing back into a tiny case.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X