No announcement yet.

Son of a gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had been having the sound lock up too. I updated my sound drivers and so far have not had it since. I have the SB xFi.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I have had the worst time ever trying to find drivers for SB cards. The drivers I'm running now are the default drivers that came with Windows 7.
      A change of Pace.
      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

http://support.creative.com/kb/showa...aspx?sid=61105
        Try this for win 7 drivers.
        Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Yeesh.. I feel your pain.

We were playing DoD for seems like a month, before I finally got
          my DoD working.

See you on the battlefield.
          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Had the same problem. I started running the game in windowed mode and the problem happens much less often. For my TF2 shortcut on the desktop I have ""E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -novid -windowed -noborder" in the target, just change your directory path accordingly.

Originally posted by paceman View Post
            Now in the last week I've started getting the Sound Lockup. It maybe time to do a re-install of Windows.

I hate doing that. It takes a full day to get everything reinstalled and configured.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              Wow - I didn't realize how old this sound card is or how many builds this thing has been through. SB 16-pci. I'm going out today to buy a new, cheap, sound card that is supported by Windows 7.
              A change of Pace.

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                Wow - I didn't realize how old this sound card is or how many builds this thing has been through. SB 16-pci. I'm going out today to buy a new, cheap, sound card that is supported by Windows 7.

Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Okay - after it locking again a couple of times this morning, after removing the sound card and temporarily going with onboard sound, I started searching in the logs and found that it was a video card driver problem. After many tries of removing and reinstalling the latest nvidia drivers I think I finally have it sorted out.

Only a good number of rounds of TF2 will make me sure of it.
                  A change of Pace.

Comment

That didn't work either. So I spent lunch time clean up all the video drivers and falling back to an older driver. I hope this one is more stable. Hope to find out later tonight.
                    A change of Pace.

Comment

No go. Still get the sound lockup after just a few minutes.
                      A change of Pace.

Comment

Does it hang with a high pitched whine? I get that sometimes on my system after gaming for a while, but I am OCing. YOur video card might be overheating.
                        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

What video card do you have?
                          Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I have an EVGA 8800GTS.

It locks up with the sound in a pretty tight loop.

I updated the sound drivers last, for the on board sound. That made no difference, so I thought it might be the OCing. So I went into the BIOS and reset everything back to normal, and now the damn thing wont POST. After much trouble shooting, clearing CMOS, it appears that both my memory chips are bad. Seems odd they both died at the same time.....

But if I remove the memory, the system will POST and gives the beep code for no memory. I tried each stick individually and it will not POST with either stick installed. So I ordered 4GB memory from newegg last night. MAYBE that was the problem all along........
                            A change of Pace.

Comment

We can only hope.
                              We miss frying you, in TF2.
                              Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

UPS tracking says the memory should be here today.

HOPEFULLY I will back online tonight.
                                A change of Pace.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X