No announcement yet.

Are you ready for something fresh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So just putting my two cents in after playing all weekend..

We need more maps in the rotation.. Not that the two that are there aren't fun.. but playing 8 rounds of goldmine and then 8 rounds of badwater and the whole rotations starts over again is getting... a little boring

Not saying they are bad maps, or theres not super-intense games going on, but been play at CL for about a week now and been playing the same two maps for the better part of that can kind of get.. routine.

But besides the whole map issues, there were some pretty intense games this weekend

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.....

Dustbowl may make an appearance soon ....

Comment

I personally love Dustbowl. Its my fave capture map and I prefer it over Gravel Pit. Never liked the 3 cap thing in Gravel Pit.
        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Comment

Noticed Dustbowl was in the mix this weekend when I queried the server. Nice first step, but Dustbowl suffers from the exact same problem as the PL maps: it's heaven for Demoman.

I've been trying to improve on Scout lately, and it's not really productive to play scout on a choke point style map like goldrush, badwater, and dustbowl. I'm bored of Demoman, as he is just a bit too easy to really rip it up with, especially on the aforementioned maps.

The maps I mention in this thread are "balanced," in that they allow a player to be productive as any class. For now, Cainslair isn't meeting my TF2 needs and I'll be playing elsewhere, but I'll keep checking the server out every now and then in case you add more maps.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, take care ....

Comment

The map rotation now is awesome.

Dustbowl is a classic that fills up quickly. Badwater and goldrush are also very nice.

CP_Steel is a really nice CP map (better than any stock one) and usually can get a really good amount of people.

I think we should throw pipeline into the mix. It would take some serious teamwork with instant spawns but it would be fun nonetheless. It's close quarters enough to keep the action centralized.

Just tossing my ideas out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogah View Post
                  I think we should throw pipeline into the mix. It would take some serious teamwork with instant spawns but it would be fun nonetheless. It's close quarters enough to keep the action centralized.

Pipeline is a great map

By the way, Ogah, the server is not instant spawn
                  [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

By the way, Ogah, the server is not instant spawn
                    Well I'll be... hahaha can't beleive I didn't pickup on that. thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Well I'll be... hahaha can't beleive I didn't pickup on that. thanks for the heads up!
                      It would probalby be difficult for you to notice as you don't die often enough
                      [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                      <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

The map rotation now is awesome.

Dustbowl is a classic that fills up quickly. Badwater and goldrush are also very nice.

CP_Steel is a really nice CP map (better than any stock one) and usually can get a really good amount of people.

Thx Og !!

What is that pipeline map, I saw it in the maps folder, but don't see many people playing it, is it fun ??

Comment

Originally posted by ObiTroy69 View Post
                          It would probalby be difficult for you to notice as you don't die often enough
                          +1 &
                          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Pipeline people love or hate, thus it not being too ultra-popular.

Its intense, very intense - two push-karts that go in directions like this

---BLU--->
                            <---RED---

They pass each other, making it pretty much non-stop action.

Edit: Agree with Ogah - CP_Steel is a riot - and the occassional turbine is pretty fun too, but gets boring with repetitive games.

Cain - You might want to look into some kind of addon that allows the players to vote on the next map, thus not always having a static rotation, keeping things fresh, and allowing players to play what they want - then you could add less-popular maps like pipeline/turbine/etc.

Ontop of map-selection addons, votekick,rtv and scramble mods may be other things you want to look into as they are quite nice to have on servers. As well as post-round all-talk (all-round all-talk ruins games IMO) but post-round is pretty cool.

just my .2cents!

Comment

Originally posted by Aessassen View Post

---BLU--->
                              <---RED---

Wow! Now that sounds like it might be fun!
                              [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                              <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by Aessassen View Post

---BLU--->
                                <---RED---

Whoah that sounds like a "Cain's Lair" type map !!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X