No announcement yet.

Any Chance of a TF2 Sever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We tried having TF2 and DOD:S rigth before we jumped to COD. The same thing happened...current game was fading away, Cain put up DOD:S.

The server started rocking, doing good, was nicely tweaked.

Then TF2 came out and Cain threw up a TF2 server. It was new, so alot of people jumped in there. The majority of people who are there to start up the server are the regulars and admins. But most regulars and admins moving over to TF2 killed DOD:S as its the same player base. While admins and regulars like to help get a server going, we also like to play with other CLRs so when we see that TF2 has 4-5 people getting the server going and DOD:S is empty, I think most would go to TF2.

If Cain put up another COD server, I would never move there and stick with the DOD:S/TF2/CSS/L4D style games as this is what I prefer.

We are getting some new people to the community thanks to DOD:S. Not a huge bunch, but there are some that I see in game often and are joining the forums.

1. Declare someone elses server a meeting place for CLR.
    Nothing is stopping you from PMing other CLRs and see if they want to meet up in a TF2 game. Or message them from your friends when you are on Steam.

If we get into the "meet up on xyz server at 8pm" type of things, you are getting into management of people, times, meetups, whatever, which is not what CLR is about.

2. Since CLR is a community have everyone join a different clan with its own server.
    Many clans require you to have a presence on their own servers. There are random clans without their own servers, but most who are established require a certain minimum visibility on both their servers and forums.

Getting into clans is something that many here try and avoid as it often comes with alot of BS and political internet crap that most clans come with. Some are awesome clans to be in, but really, the point of CLR is "the fun of a clan, without the BS".

Having people start to join other clans, and do this, do that...starts to get into person management, which is tedious and not what CLR is about.

If anything, a CLR joining another clan might just make them spend more time with that clan and not with this community.

Meh, I'm probably being redundant, but trying to give my personal view on things
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Twink im currently a fill-in admin, on a series of TF2 servers, and i spend most of my time there, and I still sped plenty of time with CLR's when im on.

And twinky what i mean is not pick servers at random and go here at blank time, but pick one server that we all can hopefully see some CLRs on.

Comment

Ideeaarr...

uhhh... woot... do not understand... ....

Well - I think it's not a problem of ADMINs .. since through the time gap for Cains GameAdmins all over the world OR question of new "CLRs" ..

It's is what we CLRs like to play NOW
        Sofar - what I saw - there are 6 Gametypes out, where the CLRs here are "hiding" now ..

1. DOD:S - because, popular again through CAIN ..even I started gaming again - 32 Players
        2. TF2 - popluar again through the SPY / SNIPER addon ..hmm.. 32 Players I think..
        3. L4D - popluar through steam commercial ..and yeah.. there was the 50% weekend deal... 4 till 8 players..
        4. CS / CSS - the mother of steam games.. ..hmm. a lot players can play it....also 32 ??
        5. Livin' Floor - A L4D game type - with the Unreal engine... up to 16 I think ..
        6. COD 4 & 5 - the mother of games for me - thats WHY - I joined the community .. yeah .. up to 64 Players..

So... I would say.. lets do it like in WoW .. build up couple "RAID groups" for the games.. and see - if we can have enough people for an extra game server..
        well - of course we should http://www.cainslair.org/misc.php?do=donate some then, or ??

Well I'm up for

DOD:S (of course) ; L4D ; COD 4-6 (yepp of course 6 - when it comes out.. hmm.. there will be an server then Rate for me : 40% COD 4 - 60% COD 5) ..

Sry BUT for me NO TF2 ... ... ... but then, I own the game, played it a bit, left it ..4 Dead
        ..No more Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders?! ...WHAT??!! ..Get out of my way - I gotta save me some cheerleaders (Haggard, Georg Gordon Jr. BF BC2)...

Comment

Magic 8 ball says chances are very good !

Ohh, I'll be the Pyro hunting you slimeball Spies down .. stay away from me .. stay faaaarrr away.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X