No announcement yet.

Day Z Arma 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even at $23 it's not worth it to me for a game I'd probably only play a few hours. It doesn't strike me as something that would be particularly fun on the multiplayer, especially as if even I would be motiviated to shoot people in the back for their goods, I can't imagine what most people are like--I tend to play ultra-goody goody in RPGs but a game like this is too tempting to go evil.

I wouldn't really play Arma II at all.

Maybe if it hits 75% off either in the sale or the player vote, but otherwise, meh.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
      Even at $23 it's not worth it to me for a game I'd probably only play a few hours. It doesn't strike me as something that would be particularly fun on the multiplayer, especially as if even I would be motiviated to shoot people in the back for their goods, I can't imagine what most people are like--I tend to play ultra-goody goody in RPGs but a game like this is too tempting to go evil.

I wouldn't really play Arma II at all.

Maybe if it hits 75% off either in the sale or the player vote, but otherwise, meh.

-Rand
      I'm thinking the same Rand. I might look at it again once it goes Beta.

Just found that is £20 on Steam, yet if you go to the developers website you can buy it via Steam for £15.

Comment

ALERT ALERT!!!

model - Gaming News - Digital Spy

Looks like you could end up having to buy the game again if you go the current ARMAII combined ops route as the game would appear to be going standalone soon.

I'm definitely going to hold off from buying it now. Don't want to have to pay twice for the same game.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
          ALERT ALERT!!!

Looks like you could end up having to buy the game again if you go the current ARMAII combined ops route as the game would appear to be going standalone soon.

I'm definitely going to hold off from buying it now. Don't want to have to pay twice for the same game.
          Well Poop!
          A change of Pace.
          "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
            ALERT ALERT!!!

That could work...Good find!

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

that game definitely isn't going standalone anytime soon. however to answer some of your quetsions paceman... the learning curve is very steep but once you get the hang of it, it gets alot better.

Can you not view the map in game? you have to FIND a map first, you don't spawn with much.

Can you interact with things? it depends. only some doors are meant to be opened, you have to scroll the middle mouse button to interact with things.

1st game last about 5 mins. It seems once you are seen, you are dead: This is untrue. you have to break the zombies "line of sight" once you do that they will no long attack you. Do not go prone, try running around some buildings to lose them. If you have a gun, run into the forest first and then shoot them so you don't attract other zombies.

Look for barns and deerstands in the rural area. Also, you should google DayZ map loot info so you know where to go to figure out where to find weapons.

Use crouch and prone when you are trying to sneak around zombies so they don't notice you.

This game can be very frustrating, however i promise if you are into this sort of game you will really start to enjoy it.

Comment

this game is NOTHING like Left 4 Dead or any kind of run and gun shooter, it is an open world zombie survival game, you have to have patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                  That could work...Good find!

-Rand
                  Courtesy of the Steam forums.

Are you sure about standalone being far away Jeffro? That article with the developer of the game thinks otherwise. Really not sure what to do but i guess holding off for a couple of months is probably the best bet no matter what the outcome is.

Comment

hmm, maybe you are right juneau. I watched an interview not too long ago saying he wanted to do standalone but that's not a priority as of right now. So who knows! :/

anyhoot. i enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                      hmm, maybe you are right juneau. I watched an interview not too long ago saying he wanted to do standalone but that's not a priority as of right now. So who knows! :/

anyhoot. i enjoy it!
                      I used to play something quite similar called The Hunter. So i imagine i'd love this.

Comment

I watched a video of some guy walking almost right beside the zombies and they ignored him. I've been 50 yards away, in a crouch and barely moved and been discovered. But the icons on his screen were different from mine, plus he said he started with a pistol, so I;m thinking this was a previous build.

I did finally find some stuff, but no weapons yet.
                        A change of Pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                          Bookmarked it.

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                            I watched a video of some guy walking almost right beside the zombies and they ignored him. I've been 50 yards away, in a crouch and barely moved and been discovered. But the icons on his screen were different from mine, plus he said he started with a pistol, so I;m thinking this was a previous build.

I did finally find some stuff, but no weapons yet.
                            that's an old video, they patched it so you don't spawn with a weapon now. Also, now the zombies can see you better than previous builds.

Comment

I dont like zombies, never have. Will wait for something else I guess. Havent played in a while on anything.
                              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

There has been an updated in the last few minutes that is screwing up connecting to servers. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
                                A change of Pace.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X