No announcement yet.

Americas Army 3 Officail game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

several website say that the developers of AA3 have gotten fired/laidoff. They say its for consolidation to gain efficiencies between the public and government applications " They say.....

http://gametab.com/news/3022735/

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:36 PM - Andrew Burnes -
    The American Army has closed their publicly-staffed America's Army 3 development studio one day after the free-to-play action-recruitment-sim was launched on Steam. According to Shacknews, development will continue in an office somewhere in Redstone, Alabama, presumably under complete military control (rumours persisted throughout AA3's development of internal discourse, with several high-profile, long-term staffers departing under mysterious circumstances):

"This consolidation will allow us to gain efficiencies between our public and government applications," the representative explained. " We appreciate all the hard work that every member of the America's Army team has contributed to the project, and we look forward to delivering future America's Army game releases in the months ahead."
    As for the game itself, the launch has been less than fantastic.

Comment

As most of you have already noticed, the Auth.-Server of AA 3.0 is basicly down all the time. There are more people trying to play the game then the army expected and the auth.-servers can not handle it ...

quote:
      Due to massive amounts of traffic, download and in-game Authentication servers are being overwhelmed. Any issues you are facing is due to this problem. We are actively working to resolve these issues and hope to have them resolved very soon. Thank you for your patience.

So currently it's not possible to play the new America's Army 3.0 game online. This also affects the Login page or when you try to create a new solider or trying to upload your training results.

There isn't much what we can do about it, except waiting that the Army and guys from Pragmatic are putting up more servers and/or getting the problems sorted out. There is no ETA for it yet and it probably might take a few more days until the auth.-servers are up and running without any problems.

In the meantime you can still play America's Army 2.x, or play America's Army 3.0 in offline mode and already setup your controls and settings and you can also take a look at the new maps. Another way to enjoy AA 3.0 could be HAMACHI, so if you have a few buddies or clanmates and like to play with them, get Hamachi and play local network games with your buddies. We already have a thread in our forums about Hamachi-Servers.

On the right side of our homepage you will also find a Auth.-Status Indicator. Keep an eye on it, it will tell you when auth is back up and running. Might be better then trying it InGame several times, this just causing more stress for the auth.-servers.

We understand it's frustrating and all of you want to play AA 3.0 now, but we have to deal with it now and just need to be patient.

Stay tuned, we will let you know when there are some news about the Auth.-Status!

-Cold Crazy

Comment

Just give it a week or so and try again, this should give the servers enough time to stabilize out as the initial player counts drop. I think it's just a simple matter of underestimating the popularity of a new free-to-play game.
        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}geneSW View Post
          Just give it a week or so and try again, this should give the servers enough time to stabilize out as the initial player counts drop. I think it's just a simple matter of underestimating the popularity of a new free-to-play game.
          +infinity, give it time it will become better just to many people right now

Comment

i haven't even finish downloading it.
            Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Well, it appears the authentication servers are back up, I was able to unlock all the currently available weapons.

The only thing I dislike about this game is that it doesn't say when you've killed an enemy, but it did lead to a pleasant surprise when I saw that my M203 shooting got six people.

Now that the initial rush has slowed, I think its turned out to be a pretty good game.

Comment

Ok this makes me feel a little better about uninstalling.

Comment

Darn.... I still cant play it if the server are back up.

Have they gone down any time today? I just tried it and it didnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by Reconsnipe1 View Post
                    Darn.... I still cant play it if the server are back up.

Have they gone down any time today? I just tried it and it didnt work.
                    Eh, it's been kind of hit and miss since 3:00 PM MST, I still have some difficulty getting into some servers.

Comment

I'm sure this is a good game but for now, I'm done with it... I had deleted the game

Comment

I think im going to also caddy.
                        Sadly this game did not do as well as i thought it would at its 3rd installment.

Comment

well the game got patched and all the training stuff is being saved now, and supposedly the multi is working ALOT better, but idk about that as im not done w/ the training yet.

Comment

Ya its running a little better but its still a pain to get onto a server sometimes. Give it a few days they might sort it out a little better. Once they get the servers working right they can start fixing bugs.... lots of them.

Comment

i tried this yesterday and it froze my computer up, so I haven't tried it again

Comment

I have completet all the traning so im happy

And yesterday at 19.00 was i playing some multi and it went great..

But its still hard til get into a server-...

-Cold Crazy

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X