Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paceman
    Originally posted by Grisu
    Found the demo boring and extremely linear.
    And really short. Don't think I'll be buying this one.
    That may be, but the graphics aren't where the game is lacking for sure. IMO

MCA

Comment

The mp is great. Faster than bf2 or 2142. Weapon balance is very good as well. Unlock system is great. Not to mention.... NO FREAKING TANKS!!!!!!!! finally a game where its man and his weapons vs another man and his weapon. You can tell who is pwning by skill by airstrikes and helicoptors.

COD4 is one of the best fps ive played in a while (yes i like it better than halo 3! i havent touched halo 3 since cod4 came out and probably wont for a while. I dont even mess with cod4 sp since the mp is tons of fun)

Comment

I picked up the PC version yesterday and I'm having a ton of fun with it. I went PC, because I could never get the hang of using a console controller for a FPS. Not to mention the PC version supposable has more maps, and the potential for User made content. The graphics don't dissappooint either. My 8800gt is running the game maxed out with 60-100+ FPS.

Comment

Now no one feint.....I bought this game...yeah I know it isn't a UT game but I've been a bit disappointed with UT3 demo so I got this game as well as Crysis. Quite frankly, I've been having a bunch of fun with cod4. Fast action, great graphics. Now the maps are limited at this time and I hate as a server admin not to having web-based server admin but if UT3 is a dud, I'll be playing this one a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfire
            Now no one feint.....I bought this game...yeah I know it isn't a UT game but I've been a bit disappointed with UT3 demo so I got this game as well as Crysis. Quite frankly, I've been having a bunch of fun with cod4. Fast action, great graphics. Now the maps are limited at this time and I hate as a server admin not to having web-based server admin but if UT3 is a dud, I'll be playing this one a lot.
            Minor aside: you buying UT3 tomorrow? Can I look forward to fast sniper rifle duels from 20 paces later this week?

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Starfire
              Where do you play star I have yet to find a home server to play on???
              [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
              [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
              [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Rand, I will be buying UT3...got a preorder on it. Just hedging my bets if it ends up being a dud.

Limey, I bounce around. Hog has a good server although I ping high. Pinky has a private(for now) 10 man server we mess around on (pm me for pw) and usually on there around 10pm est and on vent at same time. Also play on a ranked server called Red something---ping in the 20's, 32 player either Headquarters or tdm.....I'm really liking the Headquarters.

Comment

We need to hook up for this Starfire! I'm loving COD4!

MD

Comment

Originally posted by MajorDeath
                    We need to hook up for this Starfire! I'm loving COD4!

MD
                    Major, you've got the vent info still? If I'm playing, I'm also on vent.

Comment

When my local Circuit Chitty couldn't find a copy of Crysis on the shelves, (see my long, detailed and sad post in 'Other Games') I grabbed CoD4 even tho I had no intention of initially buying it. I hated the fact that CoD3 was console only so they lost my sale there.
                      When I found Crysis was actually stacked in Customer Service at CC, I put CoD4 back. I watched the huge G4 review on it and they kept tripping over themselves stating how good the game was. Sorry, but I don't buy it based on a TV show review, so its back on the store shelf, soon to be joined by Crysis.
                      In this time of abundant, high quality, big budget games I am sort of stuck in a rut on what I want to buy and play. I do need a FPS break, so I really want to find a strategy game (CoH:OF is on my Xmas list) to tide me over the holidays. I had high hopes for a lot of these games: UT3, Crysis, CoD4 ... and so far I'm right back to TF2 if I want to blast away at stuff.
                      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

i realy want OF also, a pity its $40.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X