CS:Source Strange Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS:Source Strange Issue

Have googled and found no answers and hoping someone here has experienced this. My player models don't walk around but glide or skate everywhere and it is driving me nuts. I've deleted the entire source folder and redownloaded the game. Initially it worked fine and my player models were actually walking but now they're back to gliding. Any advice on resolving this?

Sorry dude, I have never heard of this problem. Hopefully someone else can shine some light on the situation.
    [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

You can see your feet in first person? Usually is a bug in the game, jumping then walking again would fix it.

it is that u don't hear the footsteps or is sliding still like a ghost?
      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post
        You can see your feet in first person? Usually is a bug in the game, jumping then walking again would fix it.

it is that u don't hear the footsteps or is sliding still like a ghost?
        I see all other player models gliding around like they're on skates. Legs/feet are not moving, I don't see any leg animation. Just static posture as the people move around on the map.

May have found the culprit but will test tonight:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/240/di...0354102334797/

"Well i came up with the solution by accident.
        If you had the cl_updaterate set to 0 change it and set it to 66.
        It worked for me!"

Comment

Ohh that's very strange. Does it happen while on spec too? I wouldn't know what to tell you. Try verifying game cache...

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post
            Ohh that's very strange. Does it happen while on spec too? I wouldn't know what to tell you. Try verifying game cache...
            Yeah I've verified cache multiple times. Originally when I went to run CS:S it wanted to update all my files for a better 'loading structure'. Thought that was the issue initially so I deleted the entire source content. Re-downloaded and still being afflicted. I deleted my config.cfg and made sure my autoexec was clean. Will try again tonight and report back, hopefully it's just related to a cvar command.

Comment

Just wanted to state that by ensuring my config.cfg and autoexec.cfg had:

rate "30000"
              cl_updaterate "66"
              cl_cmdrate "66"

Seems to have fixed it! Hope this helps anyone still playing source here and there.

Comment

that's good to know.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X