• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars MMO

who is gonna be playing it? I will be.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    But stuck in a frakin PvE server... damn wussy guildies
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

come on dude... we spoke about this... you know you want to have fun and play in a PvP server

Comment

yea it would not be fun if you didn't have PvP.
        I played the first one for about a year 1/2 and it took me year before I killed anything. For some reason I liked crafting to much ... but I have no idea how it took a year of my time.

I liked the first style and WoW . I don't need anothe wow experience. I do miss the look of the character I had.

I have no idea why most of the characters I make are bald with big face tats

Comment

I played on a PVP server in WOW.
          Was a real PITA

Couldn't leave the city without getting ganked. Fun for some, not my cup of tea.
          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

i really never got ganked when playing WOW.. even teamed up against groups with just using gestures.

But wow needs groups and I am a lone wolf in those games.

Comment

I'll be playing! PvE for me.

Comment

I will be playing. Not sure if I'll be a long time player though.

Comment

I'm in. PvP server for me.
                  Nauticas

Comment

You can still PVP if it is anything like WOW, just when and where you want to, not just when leaving a spawn city.

I'll be playing on a PVE server. I want to get my stuff, my perks, my goodies, without having to fight some turkey 10 levels higher for the rights.

My main deal is BF3, and the limited amount of time I can devote to SWTOR is NOT going to be devoted to fighting as soon as i leave my roost.

That's just me, but feel free to gank or be ganked with enthusiasm on PVP servers.

You're ability to level up, to farm or do quests, to do ANYTHING, is mitigated by the PVP dumb butts who just want to make your life a living hell. I don't need that kind of grief. If it is anything like WOW, you need specific gear to do well IN PVP, and useless or weak doing anything else. Like i said, I don't have a infinite amount of play time to jack with that.

Yes, there were PVP Generals, champions, yada yada yada, with PVP goodies. And on regular quests or runs, that gear was pathetic on big boy dungeon runs. Let them keep their useless toys, and let the big boys get thier tools to run honest group quests or dungeons.
                    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

hmm they are not even running it as they did in the previous versions where you can be an under the radar for either fraction?

Comment

Yeah... I'll be there for a bit since I already ordered it. Think the guild I signed up for will be in a PvP server.

Comment

The way they did it in Star Wars Galaxies-- If you played that Dead, the PVP was amazing.

You could even do PVP in town. The play space was huge and I mean HUUUUUGGGGEEE on SWG.

From what I can tell on SWTOR, the planets are quite small compared to SWG. Even though everything is tall as hell.

I loved the pvp on SWG, I just wish they would make it to where a server wasn't just about pvp or pve. They should be both. I mean let's face it, you grind up through the levels using the missions and story line. Then you go out fighting. You don't start off fighting.

There will most likely be a level that you can attack at though. I think it was level 12 or 15 on SWG.

But I'm being completely honest here. If SWTOR is anything and I mean anything like WoW other than the graphics. I will be terminating my subscription quick. I don't want to be thrown into the mix of WoW players. It's bad enough when I talk to people about PC games and they say to me, "Oh you play PC? You must play World of Warcraft then."

I seriously get pissed off when people say that to me.

Comment

The fun thing with with their warzones is that when you zone in, it auto boosts everyone's hit points and base stats and such to an equal level. Sure, if you are a level 10 vs a level 22, he has way more skills than you, but other than that, you are on equal level.

Making warzone PvP much more accessible. Huttball was totally fun.

But yeah, I'd prefer PvP. I'll meet ya on your server if I stick with the game, Jeffro.
                            [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

I heard SWTOR is very much built like WoW. Remember that BioWare was not trying to reinvent the wheel. They went with a proven formula and then they are putting their own spin on top of it. It's actually kind of smart.

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post
                              The way they did it in Star Wars Galaxies-- If you played that Dead, the PVP was amazing.

You could even do PVP in town. The play space was huge and I mean HUUUUUGGGGEEE on SWG.

From what I can tell on SWTOR, the planets are quite small compared to SWG. Even though everything is tall as hell.

I loved the pvp on SWG, I just wish they would make it to where a server wasn't just about pvp or pve. They should be both. I mean let's face it, you grind up through the levels using the missions and story line. Then you go out fighting. You don't start off fighting.

There will most likely be a level that you can attack at though. I think it was level 12 or 15 on SWG.

But I'm being completely honest here. If SWTOR is anything and I mean anything like WoW other than the graphics. I will be terminating my subscription quick. I don't want to be thrown into the mix of WoW players. It's bad enough when I talk to people about PC games and they say to me, "Oh you play PC? You must play World of Warcraft then."

I seriously get pissed off when people say that to me.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X