X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyrim has the whole of Tamriel

Skyrim has the whole of Tamriel
    November 26, 2011 a a a Shareemail print

Jesse, a 19-year-old blogger from Finland has discovered that Bethesda has built not just the land mass for Skyrim during the development of the latest Elder Scrolls title but that of entire Tamriel. He traced down the path to Stendarr’s Beacon, which is the South eastern corner of the map and is the closest region to Morrowind. It is there that he found an archway which has constructed foliage on the other side but was inaccessible without the help of the no-clip console command that allows a player to move freely in the world without collision with the objects. “Why is there a space at all between these mountains if we can’t go any further?” he wrote. “As you can see there are still trees and foliage beyond this wall, but you aren’t able to access it without console commands. So I went into no-clip like the BAMF I am and travelled down this path.” What did he find there?

The whole of Morrowind! “Bethesda has made the landmass for Morrowind,” he reports. “Solstheim is there, the mainland is there, VVardenfell is there.” His expedition did not end there. He also went on to discover the entire landmass of Cyrodiil too including the island of the Imperial Tower and more. So the question is simple: Why would Bethesda build all of this? Just for sake of it because they had a lot to free time over the course of the game’s five-year development cycle or could it have something to do with future DLC that is set for Skyrim?

I would love to go back to Morrowind....

And unfortunately the whole region of skyrim was plotted (with the cities and some rivers missing). In oblivion reachable through no clipping and actually through one trick with a horse. I think they have it all mapped out from the previous games and just updated the textures and such

Comment

Are there people and cities? I'd like to eventually try this. I LOVED Morrowind and Oblivion, but I would be pretty damn surprised if there were quests and people there.

It's also likely a copy and paste...

Comment

Originally posted by Raven Paradox View Post
        Are there people and cities? I'd like to eventually try this. I LOVED Morrowind and Oblivion, but I would be pretty damn surprised if there were quests and people there.

It's also likely a copy and paste...
        The land is there, but its empty and not textured. Rumor is, its there for future DLC content.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X